Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is someone important valuable meaningful relevant because he thinks he is or because others think he is?

Is someone important valuable meaningful relevant because he thinks he is or because others think he is?

Can you impute value to yourself as some do and convince others to believe you? Does blowing your own horn force others to hear the music or tune you out? Does sucking up to yourself and kissing your own butt endear you to people or disgust them? Whatcha think?

Posted - March 13, 2019

Responses

Boy!  That is a lot of different ideas all smushed into one but that's Okay because it's your way and I like it!

Hi Rosie~ :) :) 
    Element brought you up on the general side and it reminded me you were over here.  I haven't been around for a few months.  This wasn't by choice but rather because of the demands of life swirling around.
    It's been a while since we've had a moment to chat and I'm pleased I have that moment now. :)

I came up to my parents to help with some real estate decisions and big chores around their property.  Guess where Don is?  Right!  He stayed home and continued to work. :(  Not a big surprise about him working constantly but a big surprise, he didn't come with me.  At least it opened a window for me to catch up with my friends here and say Hi!  This is the good side of the coin. :)

I hope this finds you in good health and cheer! :)

I'll be around for a couple more days.  If you have a chance, it would be great to hear back from you,

Until then, take care!

Love, 
    Merlin

Oh! I almost forgot to answer your question. :)  I have found these two rules seem to work under almost every circumstance:
    1.  Think before you speak or write
    2.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Happy Thoughts and Good Vibes Always to you Rosie!
    :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at March 14, 2019 2:18 AM MDT
      March 13, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

I'm here every day sweetie. Some days we have a lot going on so I can't stay as long. Good to hear from you. Hope all has been going swell and well for you and your family. I guess you've heard by now about the huge cheating scandal involving wealthy SOB 's bribing their second-rate kids into colleges. It is massive and horrendous and I fear just the tip of the iceberg. It involves quite a few "elite" universities among which is our very own USC and UCLA! I am enraged and heartbroken simultaneously. I hope the book is thrown at all 50 crooks who were indicted. Prison I hope. It is a felony and they committed fraud and prevented kids who earned and deserved to be accepted honorably by sticking in these failure kids who couldn't make it on their own. The kids knew how they got in. Their lives are ruined. With parents like that what chance did they have? When a kid grows up learning that you can BUY whatever you want it does not make for an honorable human being. Sigh. Thank you for your reply m'dear. :) ((hugs))
      March 14, 2019 2:24 AM MDT

Hi~ :)!  know and in our own backyard!  HUGE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  
    I am also extremely irritated and mad about the whole affair.
    Above and beyond my initial reaction, I'm not proud to say this but... I'm not surprised.  I'm glad they finally got caught.  What did surprise me was the women they have caught thus far.  I would not have guessed Lori Laughin as being one of those moms.  
    I was glad to hear they are getting pulled from the networks and the commercials they are doing.  Not only will they have to be paying hefty fines, but their careers are pretty much shot for a while.  "Life in the luxury corner" isn't going to be so "luxurious."  Think about how their kids are now going to be viewed.  I'm sure their social status has dropped.  
    How embarrassing is that?  It is a bad situation all the way around for everyone and the universities. Our universities, mind you! :(.
    I don't like to leave on a negative note. So, I'd like to say, it's lovely to hear from you. :)  I'm hoping to slow down a little and make more time to come back and play with my friends and keep up on what's trending in the news.  Would you really like a smile?  For the longest time, I actually got the news from being here!  You and a few others were my news broadcasters and kept me up to date!
    It's true!  It was great!  
    It's great to hear from you and reaching for it not being so long in between saying, "Hi."
    Lots of Good Vibes and Happy Thoughts, Rosie!
    Talk to ya soon,
    Love,
    Merlin
    :) :)

March 15, 2019 1:18 AM MDT