Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Education » Our technology is shaping us. How long before we need to go to school for 8 years to shape our minds to deal with running a washing machine

Our technology is shaping us. How long before we need to go to school for 8 years to shape our minds to deal with running a washing machine

I literally have to listen to my washing machine.  I cannot just open the door when I want to and get my stuff out.  If I try?  It locks me out or won't start again unless I read pages of instructions.

I cannot take a cab without going on line and learning how to contact UBER on line.

It is very complex.

I cannot do a freaking car ride in a new car and drive because I cannot read the dash board.  AND GOD AND JESUS HELP ME if I need a new computer.  

Posted - March 14, 2019

Responses

• I hear ya!  It can be very frustrating to have to learn each new gadget as it comes along.  Technology is going full-steam ahead and leaving some behind in it's wake.  Every time you turn around, there's an update for this thing and that. I'm not very patient and get annoyed when I have to spend far too much time figuring out the new thing on the block.  The upside is when you figure it out and can pat yourself on the back!
      March 14, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

You almost need a mechanical engineering degree to open so many things wrapped in those hard transparent plastic cases. also, my stupid phone didn't have a manual other than for basic stuff. The full manual is on-line and 47 pages long. All for a flip phone.
      March 14, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Ugh my washing machine is ancient and it can no longer handle bigger loads or else it pees all over the floor and floods the kitchen. It's hard to find similar ones to it because there's so many fancy techy ones and so few cheapo simple ones. It's just a washing machine, why do they have to make them so fancy and complicated?
      March 14, 2019 6:11 PM MDT