Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you're a Nationalist like Don don and white like Don don you're a White Nationlist. Do Don don know he be dat very bad ting?

If you're a Nationalist like Don don and white like Don don you're a White Nationlist. Do Don don know he be dat very bad ting?

Posted - March 15, 2019

Responses

By that definition, most whites would be White Nationalists.
    And blacks would be Black Nationalists ... I guess Asians would be "Yellow Nationalists", and native Americans would be "Red Nationalists"?
    But then Communists could also be "Red Nationalists", regardless of country?

I think I just gave myself a rainbow headache.

Anyway ... here's a handy article about the difference between "Nationalist" and "Supremacist":

https://www.cjr.org/language_corner/nationalist-supremacist.php
      March 15, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

Seriously? So you are a Nationalist then Walt? I am not. White or otherwise. I  am a GLOBALIST. So shoot me . Native American owned the land that WHITES stole from them. I'd be ticked off too. You are having a fun time with this aren't you? Be my guest. Thank you for your reply. You are parsing. SIGH. This post was edited by RosieG at March 16, 2019 4:02 AM MDT
      March 16, 2019 4:01 AM MDT

First ... Which Native Americans are you talking about?
    Because the Plains tribes were newcomers, themselves.  And they were moving into a vacuum left by the sudden disappearance (still unexplained) of the native civilizations in the area.  It was a free-for-all to claim the midwest, and Europeans were better at it.  No different from what happened in other areas, when nomads clashed with settled civilizations.

Second, anybody who believes in sovereign nations with borders is a Nationalist.
    Given the problems large national governments have, I don't see a global government working.
    The only thing you'd do away with is migration issues.  And you'd have more corruption, since it's proven historically that larger governments = more corruption (as they are less answerable to the people).
      March 18, 2019 7:18 AM MDT

I have no idea about whom I speak Walt. "Native American" to me are the folks we slaughtered to take their lands. The folks we stiffed and lied to when  it came to treaties we signed and broke. The folks who are restricted to small pieces of their own land we call "Reservations". Them. Those guys. That's the ones of whom I speak. As for answering your question well maybe you can answer it. I gave it my best shot. Your turn. Thanks.
      March 18, 2019 7:22 AM MDT

A nationalist is simply a patriot who believes in putting his/her country first. Nothing to do with race/color/religion etc.

Let's not call all white people who also want their country took care of racist....it is not the same. I most people know it. 
      March 15, 2019 1:38 PM MDT