Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you like coding ?

Do you like coding ?

I like coding. I do have my own website and i tried different coding techniques. I never realised it yet, but i'd like to create my own social network. But it takes lot of skills...

i did a small rough draft, but its really not in a complete form ( of social network ).

Posted - March 16, 2019

Responses

You'll be lucky to find anyone here who even knows what that is.
      March 16, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

i agree. 
      March 17, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

Well, alrighty then.
      March 17, 2019 1:53 AM MDT

No. I hate it. lol

I started doing basic CSS and HTML back in the days of MySpace when you could customize your page. I loved it then. I could just swap out elements and life was grand. My abilities have not graduated much beyond that today, though I've tried to pick up additional things on my own. I can occasionally toy with codes to make them function a little different than intended or shape them to my purpose, but I cannot write code from scratch. I can't do really much of anything on the back end. 

If you're trying to learn on your own, I suggest: https://www.freecodecamp.org/ 

Or, Google is doing free training now: https://developers.google.com/training/ 

On the flip side, you could also experiment more with something that's more modular in nature. WordPress with BuddyPress will let you set up a social site with minimal (or even no) coding. Dolphin has a free PHP social network you can download and customize. Again, no coding is necessary, but it helps. You would need to pay for hosting though. 

I actually toyed with the idea of going to coding school a little over a year ago because I wanted the ability to work on this site myself instead of relying on developers. The $9,000 price tag was a turnoff and I switched to playing with free training programs. But, I also decided to go with a psychology degree around the same time, so I dropped the side learning too.
      March 18, 2019 5:08 PM MDT

• Not really. I like what coding accomplishes.  The process of clacking out lines of it not so much
      March 18, 2019 6:08 PM MDT