Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allgedly FACEBOOK removed 1.5 million copies of the New Zealand Mosque WHITE NATIONALIST attacks. What the he** is wrong with people?

Allgedly FACEBOOK removed 1.5 million copies of the New Zealand Mosque WHITE NATIONALIST attacks. What the he** is wrong with people?

Are they all WHITE NATIONALISTS who get off on watching horrible murders like that? Would YOU? If so what the he** is wrong with YOU?

Posted - March 18, 2019

Responses

• Rosie my dear, I ask myself that question everyday...

"What the he** is wrong with people?"
    I have yet to find a suitable or comforting answer.  God help us all!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 18, 2019 1:46 PM MDT
      March 18, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

Well Twink though I very much appreciate your showing up that wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Not that there is an answer mind you. SIGH. We can't stop looking for one. No matter how tempting giving up would be. Gotta keep trying. Who knows? Maybe one day? Happy Monday to thee TD!  :)
      March 18, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

I wonder how many of those posts were put on a "wall" by the owner, vs by someone else?
    That's one reason I set my Facebook security that only I can post on my "wall".

And if it was posted by somebody else, why wasn't it taken down by the owner?
    Was it just because they don't get on Facebook that often?  (I know a few people who are "on" Facebook - but never seem to actually be on.)

I'm sure Facebook has the metadata to answer the first question.

Then there are the idiots who will "share" anything, just because they were asked to.
    Too many people seem to feel it is "rude" to not "friend" anybody who asks, even if they have no idea who that person is.
    They also seem to feel it is just as "rude" not to pass along something someone asked them to "share" to all their "friends".
      March 18, 2019 8:45 AM MDT

I don't have a clue what you are talking about Walt. I do not belong to FB  so I don't have a clue about walls (WAIT..not the  liddle donny dingbat ego wall, right?) or owners. Having to "friend" someone or obey the "follow us on Facebook and LIKE us" crap you see on various TV shows. It's annoying. It's upsetting. It's disgusting. I would not ever join anything billions of people like. No disrespect intended Walt. It ain't my cuppa tea. Thank you for your reply!  If you could explain what you are talking about it would be helpful. :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 18, 2019 1:54 PM MDT
      March 18, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

A "wall" refers to a person's "homepage" on Facebook.
    I have no idea why they call it a "wall" instead of a "page".

Facebook defaults to letting anyone post to your "wall" ... like allowing anyone to write on your blog space.
    You can change that so only your "friends" - or nobody but yourself - can post to your wall.
    Most people don't change the default settings, because Facebook is less concerned about privacy than gathering data to sell so they don't make changing privacy settings easy.

There are only a couple authors I follow on Facebook - so I know when they are close to releasing a new book.
    And only a couple groups I join - 1 for work networking (similar to LinkedIn), and 1 for local "garage" sales.  
      March 18, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

Thank you m'dear for the clarification. I think FB is evil. It has  enabled/facilitated terrorists to communicate plot conspire collude to the great disadvantage of the rest of us. Also people use it to abuse others and I find that appallingly disgusting. Some people feel a need to let everyone know about ever bad hair day or broken fingernail or flat tire. Now I do KNOW that personally. It is what I hear by the disaffected. Zuck has used it maliciously to make money by selling memberes out to the highest bidder. He facilitates the stacking of the deck for the "win" of a foreign gubment puppet by providing the stage for deception to the extent of its being unbelievable! We'd have been much better off without it. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 19, 2019 3:21 AM MDT

I dunno if you remember MySpace ... it was the largest social network from 2005-2009.

There are alternatives to Facebook.
    But they face the problem of ... if all your friends/relatives/coworkers are on Facebook, and you want to be kept updated on their lives, why would you join another site?
      March 19, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

I heard of it Walt but as I said I am not a joiner of big things. The only reason I joined Answerbag (a social site my son invited me to check since  he was a principal) in 2005 was for family reasons. I stuck and switched to Answermug when the bag folded on us. Some folks here came from there and we've been pals for a very long time. It's how I socialize. But I avoid large groups both in my real life and interspace. As for keeping up with all my friends and relatives lives? That's a two-way street. i don't want to be assaulted with constant updates 24/7 by anyone. I like email. I like talking on the telephone. I don't tweet/text or have a smart phone. My world is small and manageable and that's the way I like it. I don't like folks just dropping by without calling first to see if it is convenient. I think FB  is open 24/7 and you can be buried by it. I guess I'm a very private person or antisocial. I dunno.  Gonna ask. Thank you for your reply!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 19, 2019 7:26 AM MDT
      March 19, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

What the HELL is wrong with people who would VOTE for THIS PIG?

After that?  All bets are off as to what is wrong.  

Trump revives ‘Willie Horton’ tactic with ad linking illegal immigrant killer to Democrats

Luis Bracamontes smiles at the courtroom audience as the verdict was read in the killing of two law enforcement officers, in Sacramento Superior Court, on Feb. 9, 2018. (Rich Pedroncelli/AP)
    November 1, 2018

Pinned at the top of President Trump’s Twitter feed Wednesday was a video. The man on the screen has a shaved head and a mustache and long chin hair. Smiling, he announces, “I killed f‐‐‐--- cops.”

The man is Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported Mexican immigrant who was given the death penalty in April for killing two California law enforcement officers in 2014. At the time of the shootings, Bracamontes was in the United States illegally — and now, with the midterm election approaching, he’s the star of the GOP’s latest campaign ad.

“Illegal immigrant, Luis Bracamontes, killed our people!” reads text on the 53-second video, which is filled with audible expletives. “Democrats let him into our country. . . . Democrats let him stay.”

The text is superimposed over videos of Bracamontes appearing to show no remorse for his crimes, and even declaring, “I’m going to kill more cops soon.”

More footage follows: Throngs of unidentified people rioting in unidentified streets and pushing down fences in undisclosed locations. A Fox News Channel correspondent interviewing a man identified only as “deported immigrant in caravan,” who asks to be pardoned for attempted murder.

“Who else would Democrats let in?” the video asks. An image of Bracamontes smiling reappears before being replaced by text, “President Donald Trump and Republicans are making America safe again.”

[Trump’s moves on immigration roil midterm campaign for both parties]

The video, which the president promoted Wednesday afternoon to his 55.5 million Twitter followers, came with a message from Trump to “Vote Republican now!” As of early Thursday morning, the video had been viewed more than 1.8 million times, drawing widespread condemnation.

(Note: The following video posted by Trump contains graphic language.)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 18, 2019 10:00 AM MDT
      March 18, 2019 9:58 AM MDT