Discussion » Questions » Shopping » What is the best detergent for the buck? I love Foca; it is some Mexican product. It lasts and it works and it is inexpen$ive.

What is the best detergent for the buck? I love Foca; it is some Mexican product. It lasts and it works and it is inexpen$ive.

Screw you, Trump.  Mexico is good for a lot of things we can use.

Posted - August 28, 2016

Responses

• Not the cheapest, maybe not the best, but Gain Hawaiian Aloha smells DIVINE. 

August 28, 2016 5:40 PM MDT

I just lick things clean...like a cat.

August 28, 2016 7:00 PM MDT

August 28, 2016 7:21 PM MDT

That sounds great, Char.  I wonder if they make (I'll bet they do) fabric softener sheets?  You can use those things everywhere if it is the smell you like.  I may check that one out.   Fabric softener sheets are great for drawers and closets and everywhere you want to smell something fresh.  

Your Welcome

Domestic Goddess

August 28, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

Fabulosa another Mexican product and is most excellent.

August 29, 2016 3:49 AM MDT

5 quart bucket
    1/4 bar Fels Naphtha
    1/2 cup borax
    1/2 cup washing soda (not baking soda)
    1/2 cup TSP (from a hardware store)

Grate the Fels Naphtha, or use a blender. Put the grated soap, borax, washing soda and TSP in a large sauce pan. Add some water, however much you like. Put it on a low flame and heat it till it is all dissolved and melted. Stir a lot. When it is all melted pour it in your bucket and start adding hot water. Keep stirring as you add. Let it stand 24 hours and it will become a congealed glob. It will be the consistency of soft jello, and not look real pretty. Transfer it to more convenient containers. (I got empty soap bottles from the laundromat.) Use about 1/2 cup per load. There will be no suds. This costs about twenty bux to get all the ingredients, but you will never have to buy laundry soap again. It works out to about eight cents a load.

August 29, 2016 4:04 AM MDT