Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you eat the crust on your pizza or are you a toddler baby?

Do you eat the crust on your pizza or are you a toddler baby?

Posted - March 19, 2019

Responses

• I feel ya’ :)
      March 19, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

• I take it a step further and scrape all the topping off and eat it with a fork, then put the naked crust back in the box
      March 19, 2019 11:48 AM MDT

You devil.  Actually, I did this too just the other night with a Home Run Inn Pizza that I cooked too long and the crust got cardboardy.
      March 19, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

• WTF KIND OF bullshizzat is that??? 
      March 19, 2019 11:57 AM MDT

Yeah, but sometimes I'll let the rats and dog have the crust if it's too crunchy for my liking.
      March 19, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

• Yeah, that’s fair. I don’t realky dig on crunchy crust either. 
      March 19, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

AH HA HA!! Jaimie with the jokes. I eat everything.
      March 19, 2019 12:06 PM MDT

• Even peas from a can???? I hate those things. 
      March 19, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

Penne With Peas, Onions, and Percorino Romano

by Vincent Scordo

Still hot in the pan - Penne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino RomanoStill hot in the pan - Penne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino Romano

March 20th marked the first day of Spring in the US (the 21st in Italy) and with the passing of the winter season comes renewed food ambitions.  Our Penne with Peas, Onions, and Pecorino Romano is an ode to Spring and your waiting taste-buds.

In our view, peas have two food soul-mates; that is, fish and pasta.  On the pasta pairing we can’t help but adore Spring peas with penne, sweet red onions, and tangy Pecorino Romano.  Our Pecorino hails from the undisputed sheep cheese capital of Italy; viz., Calabria and made locally on our family farm.  If you don’t  have access to fresh, early, Spring peas then the frozen variety will do in a pinch or better yet buy a can of Le Sueur early peas grown in Minnesota (they’re terrific in pasta or stews).

Finally, the extra virgin olive oil we used was produced in the area of Chiaramonte Gulfi, north of Ragusa in southern Sicily: Primo DOP, Frantoi Cutrera Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2013.  The bitter and spicy elements of the oil contrasted nicely with the sweet peas and red onion.  Find a crisp white wine to pair with this pasta dish.

Penne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino RomanoPenne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino Romano
    Penne With Peas, Onions, and Percorino Romano

this is some good shizzit

Penne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino Romano
    Cook: Vincent Scordo - Scordo.com
    Recipe type: Pasta
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients
    • ½ pound of Penne
    • 2 cups of early young Spring peas
    • 1 red onions (cut length wise)
    • ¼ cup of grated Pecorino Romano
    • 1 cup of freshly chopped parsley
    • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • 3-4 clove of garlic
    • Kosher salt and freshly cracked black peppper

Process
    1. In a large pan, add extra virgin olive oil and saute the garlic and onions over medium heat. Add salt and pepper and cook down for 5-10 minutes. Add half the chopped parsley and stir. Add the peas and a bit of hot pasta water. Stir well and turn heat to low.
    2. Add cooked pasta and stir well with remaining parsley. Add some grated cheese and stir again, add a bit more extra virgin olive if necessary.

Penne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino RomanoPenne With Peas, Onions, and Pecorino Romano
    Facebook 0
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 19, 2019 12:31 PM MDT
      March 19, 2019 12:29 PM MDT

• That looks good, but can’t use canned peas. Too mushy. 
      March 19, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

OKAY.  I hate cans so cannot argue.
      March 19, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

Sometimes.
      March 19, 2019 5:37 PM MDT