Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you ask WHY and someone answers "because I said so" does it anger you, amuse you or disappoint you?

When you ask WHY and someone answers "because I said so" does it anger you, amuse you or disappoint you?

What does it mean? "Because I said so"? OBVIOUSLY we KNOW who said what. The question is WHY and why can't people who say that answer the question beyond the obvious?. Kids get that more often than adults I expect. Kids get frustrated when they hear that crap from their parents. They expect better and get nothing. It doesn't serve them well. You would never pull that on anyone would you?

Posted - March 20, 2019

Responses

I don't hear that anymore...maybe as a small child when I couldn't really understand why...I don't remember. What does frustrate me is when someone says "The Bible says so."
      March 20, 2019 9:55 AM MDT

They are clearly unaware of The Councils of Nicae when lots of men gathered together to DECIDE what books should be in the Bible and which books should be excluded. It was all political and misogyny ruled then as it does now. Dozens and dozens of men wrote what you see in "the bible" over dozens and dozens of years...decades. THE WORD OF GOD? Hardly. But you see they have not learned of such things. I heard a talk show host years ago, Sherry somebody, insist that the world began with the birth of Christ! I'm not kidding. There are many sherry's out there. You cannot educate those who refuse knowledge. Thank you for your reply E!  :)
      March 20, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

Ahh yes.  I remember it well.  You and I were there.  We kept shouting SCREW YOU.  YOU LIARS.  This is true. We are all born again.  We are all reincarnated.

And we were rewarded.  We both remember that Council and how they stoned us to DEATH.
      March 20, 2019 1:27 PM MDT