Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Beto released his donor info for the $6.1 million in 24 hours. Said the average donation ws $27! Pretty good/not so hot?

Beto released his donor info for the $6.1 million in 24 hours. Said the average donation ws $27! Pretty good/not so hot?

Posted - March 20, 2019

Responses

Better than pretty good.  He raised more in his first hour 24 hours than any of the other candidates. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 20, 2019 1:28 PM MDT
      March 20, 2019 8:06 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply L. I'm not really up to date on such comparisons. I don't have a clue what is outstanding nd what is average. Of course collecting $6.1 million in 24 hours sounds GREAT! Thank you for your reply.
      March 20, 2019 1:29 PM MDT

Actually Robert O'Rourke's average donation was $47 not $27.

The total came from 128,000 separate donors. $6.1M

Bernie got $5.9M with 233,000 donors average was $27. 

So as I told you the other day he was refusing to release the number of donors because he did not beat Bernie. 

March 20, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

That's not why.  He already spilled everything he could about himself.  I'm sure he is not TRYING TO COVER this useless trivia up.  He is not Donald Trump.  He is not a retarded lying loser.

Ignore the Internet Rumor Mill: That Beto O’Rourke Fundraising Conspiracy Theory Is Not True

By Jacob Weindling  |  March 19, 2019  |  12:31pm
    Photo by Chip Somodevilla/GettyPOLITICS FEATURES BETO O'ROURKE
    Ignore the Internet Rumor Mill: That Beto O’Rourke Fundraising Conspiracy Theory Is Not True

When Beto O’Rourke announced his candidacy for president, he was a bit coy with his fundraising figures, initially “choosing” not to release the 24-hour number. This raised red flags because sharing (good) fundraising figures is an excellent way to raise more funds. People like a winner. Most assumed that this meant that Beto’s first 24 hours of fundraising were disastrous, and a narrative began to emerge.

That is, until Beto reversed course on his one quote and chose to release his staggering fundraising figure: $6.1 million raised in 24 hours—more than Bernie Sanders’ whopping $5.9 million total.

First off: Beto’s almost certainly not lying. Reports like these are required by law. Secondly, if he were lying, he would have to change his figure when he publicly files with the FEC so as to avoid breaking the law. There is no way that Beto is dumb enough to lie about how much money he raised only to backtrack on it later. That would be an unmitigated disaster.

Which brings me to the conspiracy theory about Beto’s fundraising numbers that is starting to make inroads on the left. This would be comically illegal if it were true.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 20, 2019 12:22 PM MDT
      March 20, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

He released only his total at first.  Why because it beat Bernie's total.   It took about few days to release the number of donors. 

Why?  As he said: In his very first "presidential campaign" email, O'Rourke touted the "first 24" hours as key to assessing the viability of his campaign: "What we raise in the first 24 hours will set the tone in the national conversation about the viability of our campaign.”

He did not beat Bernie in that...so he suppressed it for a couple of days. 

March 20, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

Beating Bernie AT WHAT exactly? The number of donors it took to raise the funds reported? That is a competition that is of any value? I find it astonishing that you are so involved in the amount of money, the amount of time and the number of contributors m2c. I don't give a rat's a** about it. Why do you? Thank you for your reply.
      March 20, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

Yes exactly that. Smaller donation average mean more working class blue collar supporters and not rich big wigs supporting a candidate. Bernie had already claimed it was rich donors supporting RFO.

If you do not give a "rat's a** about it", why post the questions?
      March 20, 2019 1:38 PM MDT