Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think one of the major things about Buddhism is ACCEPTANCE. You accept what is and understand or try to without reacting badly. Right?

I think one of the major things about Buddhism is ACCEPTANCE. You accept what is and understand or try to without reacting badly. Right?

Light comes with dark and happy comes with sad and everything has a season and a reason to be.

One ought not be attached to outcomes. Neither cheer nor bemoan. Simply accept.

Is that correct?

Posted - March 21, 2019

Responses

We all have to do that whether or not we are Buddhists.  Otherwise we just drive ourselves crazy.  Or drive others crazy. 
      March 21, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

That sounds like good Buddhist wisdom.  I've never really studied Buddhism all that much. 
      March 21, 2019 4:18 PM MDT

I worked for an Architect years ago kg, .He gave me a project to work on that I adored! He had a client who wanted to build 12 places of worship across the United States. The client wanted it to be the kind of place where people of all faiths would be comfortable. So the project was to research various religious to find the commoality among them. That's why I embarked on such a project. I suppose that was where I learned of it. I care so much about outcomes. But it sometimes works against me. It isn' a way to be peaceful within. I admire those who can do that. Detach. I am either very attached or I don't give a rat's a **. Rarely any middle to me. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      March 22, 2019 2:41 AM MDT

Sounds like he might have been a Baha'i  guy. One of the goals of the Baha'i Faith people is to unite all the world religions. 
      March 22, 2019 2:52 AM MDT