Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » NRA Claims it's Running out of Money. How do you feel about that?

NRA Claims it's Running out of Money. How do you feel about that?

The pro-gun lobby — which gave a record $21 million to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign — said it’s headed to the poorhouse because a state agency told insurers to cut ties with the association and slapped a $7 million fine on NRA insurance broker Lockton Cos.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/nra-says-its-broke-and-on-the-verge-of-collapse/

Personally, of all the horrors that could befall this country, the NRA going completely out of business is not one of them.  

Posted - March 31, 2019

Responses

IF that is true (I read their press release, Mr LaPierre nearly invoked the Apocalypse) then perhaps their political exuberance has served them poorly. 

IMO, the NRA has far overstepped it’s purpose, become less a community for gun enthusiasts than a fiercely Conservative SuperPAC spreading propaganda and enriching lobbyists.

I guess they finally pissed off enough people. 
      March 31, 2019 8:02 AM MDT

I surely hope people have finally gotten wise to them.  Read somewhere that LaPierre "earned" more than $5 million in compensation last year.  I don't donate to any organization that pays it's execs that much money.
      March 31, 2019 8:21 AM MDT

Fair to assume the revenue problem threatens Mr LaPierre’s compensation. 
      March 31, 2019 9:17 AM MDT

I'll be sure to set up a GoFundMe for him if he loses his job.
      March 31, 2019 8:25 PM MDT

I know they are going to extremes when they started sending me mailings and applications. I don't even own a gun, nor have I ever contacted them for any reason. And...I'm not a trump supporter.
      March 31, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

i dont know anything about it
      March 31, 2019 3:53 PM MDT