Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Business » How do you justify not tipping when tipping is expected? Are you that cheap? Are you that stingy? Are you that unconcerned about people?

How do you justify not tipping when tipping is expected? Are you that cheap? Are you that stingy? Are you that unconcerned about people?

Posted - March 31, 2019

Responses

• i tip when the service is GOOD 

i don't tip for people who do bare minimum 

i work in the food industry and i do not feel entitled to a tip just for doing what is expected of me

in order to make tips i go above and beyond what is expected of me to provide good service and make a lasting impression because that is what people tip for. ive had people give me ten, 20 dollar tips on take out and 50 dollars for just delivering catering (not even full service) just because i go out of my way to make them feel like i truly care 

i HATE the idea that people are obligated to leave a tip under any circumstances. 
      March 31, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

I have BEEN a waitress and I agree. If the waiter is bad and unattentive he can go screw himself if he has no reason.

I have been a waitress.  I worked for tips plus a whopping 2.10 an hour.  If the place is busy and we are short of help?  SERVICE LAGS.  That has nothing to do with me.  I can only do so much and I have zero time to do it in.

So, I tip.  I tip anyone who has a freaking service job and has to put up with picky aholes all day long.  THAT'S WHAT I TIP ABOUT.

I work as a massage therapist and if you EVER complained for no reason about my massage, that would be the last one you ever get from me.
      March 31, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

I always tip. And usually, I tip well. Unless I know the worker does not get to keep them.

If I do not tip the service must have been awful. And then I would still leave a penny. 
      March 31, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

Sharon loves you.  Good woman you are.
      March 31, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

yeah, especially when they deliver food to your door; You just dont know how much road they had to do just to deliver you food.
      March 31, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

if they give you bad service
      March 31, 2019 3:42 PM MDT

If tipping is "expected" ... they should also "expect" to provide higher-than-average service.

If a tip is automatically added to the bill, I will call the manager/supervisor over and let them know if I'm not giving a tip and why.

I don't hold the wait staff responsible for how the meal is prepared ... but I expect them to double-check the order before delivering it.
      EG: If it's missing a side, they should rectify that BEFORE bringing it to the table.  
      But if the steak is mis-cooked, that is the fault of the cook and won't affect the wait staff tip.
      April 1, 2019 8:15 AM MDT