Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What was an experience you had getting burned?

What was an experience you had getting burned?

I just spilled a few drops of boiling water on my foot -it inspired the question. 

Posted - March 31


  • 5322
    Sure, a couple of days ago I lost my bread knife using the oven. the knife (with a big plastic handle) lay on the stovetop and i accidentally turned one of the heaters on without noticing. Then I went back to the PC, until the stink of boiling plastic woke me up.

    First time I ever saw plastic so liquid, so I quickly grabbed the knife and found out just how hot liquid plastíc can get. Big blister on my index finger. Funny thing is when the handle cooled down again it was still very soft and bendy. very unusual plastic.
      April 1, 2019 4:59 AM MDT

  • 2319
    The worst way when I was young I happened to bump those big wax candle yard torches on a stick and spilled boiling candle wax all over my arm.  I can remember the doctors opening the blister and pulling wax that fused with the skin.
      April 1, 2019 7:11 AM MDT

  • 7203
    Wow! OUCH.
      April 1, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

  • 2319
    Understatement.  No scaring at least though.
      April 1, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

  • 40418
    I love fire, but it does not like me.
    I burned my house down.

    Don't want to explain that again.  Did it too often.

    I burned my hand on a candle when I was in a Master Bodyworker's program a few years ago.  I had to massage people?  This was an expensive course and my hand was covered in creme to stop the infection of my whole hand's skin layers falling off.  It was a mess. I cannot believe my hand is normal now.  But it is.  Good Doctors.  
      April 1, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

  • 7203
    I burned my butt one time on a hot plate when it was chill in my place and I wanted some warmth for after I showered so I placed a hotplate on high outside the shower stall and drew the curtain. Forgot about it being there and first burned my foot stepping on it then slipped and landed full on my butt on the burner.
      April 1, 2019 11:11 AM MDT