Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can you name a Mafia? There are lots. I'll start. Dixie Mafia. What other Mafias are there?

Can you name a Mafia? There are lots. I'll start. Dixie Mafia. What other Mafias are there?

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

I think the Vatican Mafia are the Swiss Guards.
    Yep.  The Swiss mercenaries were so feared, they are now only allowed to dress funny and guard the Vatican.  LOL
      April 2, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

You make a little joke here, but I don't DOUBT there is graft and corruption in the Vatican that rivals anything in the real world.
      April 2, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

Oh, hell yeah!
    Anytime you have an elected official who gets to claim to be the only "official" spokesperson for "god" ... there is going to be a lot of back-room deals going on.  Anybody who thinks the Pope is elected for his piety is extremely naive.  
      April 2, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

The Mexican Mafia. They run the drug trade in the SW US and, to a great extent, the prisons there. This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 2, 2019 2:42 PM MDT
      April 2, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

Why don't they get someone to take out TRUMP for me? I'm pretty sure the Mafia killed JFK, so these guys certainly have a much better reason than being insulted by Joe Kennedy. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 2, 2019 11:12 AM MDT
      April 2, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

Lo que hay para ellos, la caridad no es su estilo....
      April 2, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

Francisco en el ángelus: ‘la caridad no se hace con lo que sobra sino con lo necesario’

Is this a good answer?  No habla Espanol.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 2, 2019 11:45 AM MDT
      April 2, 2019 11:44 AM MDT

Pretty good answer. I was curious, as I think I recall you saying you live in Arizona, perhaps you habla espanol. 

Another thought: maybe the MM (called La Eme) might take offense to the potential border shutdown, and take steps to make sure their kin can get across. You know, make an example. 
    (I think I hear the Secret Service pulling up outside...)
      April 2, 2019 11:58 AM MDT

I live in Phoenix area in Sun City.  I can barely speak Spanish.

I had some classes in grade school on Saturdays.  That is the extent of it.  I can say stir the chocolate and Spot doesn't like cats.

(Tosco no le gustan los gatos)

So, from that paltry education regarding Spanish, I can glean meanings from the Spanish language, but I cannot speak it nor have the ability to survive if I had to live in Mexico, without learning a lot more.
      April 2, 2019 12:01 PM MDT

• There was a lot of Mafia( actual mafia) and Ndrangheta activity when I was growing up and learned some people that were around were involved with one or the other when I got older.

I pick Ndrangheta This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 2, 2019 3:18 PM MDT
      April 2, 2019 3:17 PM MDT

There's the Irish Mafia.  My step-son's uncle was in it and he confessed, on his deathbed, to killing Jimmy Hoffa.
      April 2, 2019 8:44 PM MDT