Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Am I reading too much into his behavior?

Am I reading too much into his behavior?

There's this guy at my college that I'm not friends with... he's an acquaintance (if that), because we both helped out on a mutual friend's film set a couple semesters ago. But outside of that or things related to that (a few mid-production, then wrap-party celebrations and dinners), we haven't hung out or anything. I don't even see him around campus on a daily basis.
Then last semester one of my friends who's also friends w/ him stopped by my dorm for a visit, and as he was leaving he said, "Oh by the way, "Z" told me to tell you 'hey'."... but I had literally just seen "Z" on my way to a class a few hours prior, and he had greeted me then as well. Then the very next day as I was on my way to a class I was looking down at my phone, when I heard someone say "Hey (insert my name)" and I looked up... and it was him.

This semester (last week; we're 3 weeks in now), I was walking down the hall and heard someone say "Hey (insert my name)" and I turned my head and it was him waving at me. And yesterday I was on my way *to* the school as he was coming *from* the school; I was looking down at my phone so I didn't notice him until he said "Hey (insert my name)". And then just a few hours later when my classes were over I was on my way back to my dorm, and I walked past a classroom he happened to be in. I saw him, but didn't say anything since I was in a hurry, and he was talking to somebody anyway. I didn't even think he saw me back... but then like two seconds after I'd already passed the room I heard him call out "Hey (insert my name)". I just kept going.
So am I over-thinking this or reading too much into it? Honestly I think he must like me because it's like he's literally greeting me every little chance he gets and we don't even hang out or anything like that, and none of the other guys I know, even the ones I do consider friends, act like this.

Posted - August 30, 2016

Responses

• Yes. 

August 30, 2016 5:24 AM MDT

• Ummm, one thing missing from all this is your feelings ... What do you want to happen?

August 30, 2016 5:43 AM MDT

• I mean I'm not interested in dating while I'm in school, and even if I was he's not my type

August 30, 2016 5:50 AM MDT

• I understand ... Guys can be a bit like that at times .. just treat him as an acquaintance I guess

August 30, 2016 5:59 AM MDT

Hello stranger.  That's quite a novel of a story to expect strangers to read.  All of us will not. 

I'll answer your question though.  Yes.

August 30, 2016 3:27 PM MDT

• Well obviously, since you're only the 3rd person to answer this since I posted it this morning. I'd forgotten all about it

August 30, 2016 3:32 PM MDT

• Can you elaborate?

August 30, 2016 3:52 PM MDT

• I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what. I get it, I shouldn't have made my question so long. Just figured the more details I gave the better answers I'd get that's all

August 30, 2016 3:55 PM MDT

• I can't even.

August 30, 2016 4:59 PM MDT

I got through the first half of the first sentence.  What is the plot?  Wrap it up for me please?

August 30, 2016 5:16 PM MDT

• Basically this guy I'm not even friends with goes out of his way to speak to me literally every single time he sees me (sometimes multiple times a day) and I'm wondering if I'm reading too much into it
      August 30, 2016 6:13 PM MDT

Of course he's being sarcastic.  You'll hear a lot of it around here.

August 30, 2016 7:02 PM MDT