Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Are you paid high but your paycheck doesnt approve it ?

Are you paid high but your paycheck doesnt approve it ?

Im paid 18 $ per hour, but since i got my position, i gotta pay an insurance, and i just receives like 800 $ per 2 weeks and i feel its pretty low. Without insurance, i had 880 $ which wasnt bad. But now its worst paying an insurance.

Posted - April 5, 2019

Responses

OH man.  That is not too bad at all considering what you guys pay for health care.  We have so much money taken out of our checks that if I had all that was taken out?  I'd have a second house by now.  At least.

The last check I cleared was about 900 for one week.  BUT... I get a few hundred dollars in tips at least every week and no one but me keeps it.

So that is great.  But I think I make about 1,200 a week actually on my check and I have no insurance through them.   

the difference of 300 is what the government takes.  State, Federal and anything else they want at the moment.  GREAT COUNTRY.  WE HAVE THE BEST PRESIDENT TOO> This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 5, 2019 4:21 PM MDT
      April 5, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

You're paid a lot ... 1200 $ per week is something. We all have to pay taxes and stuffs anyways. 
      April 6, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

Welcome to the adult world and discovering your gross is not equal to your net.  I do not know the exact system in Canada however it is similar to everywhere else.  That there is your pay and the mandated Government adjustments to pay for the service we recieve.

You would cry if you saw what they get out of my paycheck.  I do not have a problem with that, it is just a fact of life
      April 5, 2019 12:54 PM MDT

• i don't have insurance so i can't relate. hopefully i don't break my legs 
      April 5, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Have you considered trying to get some form of disability?  You certainly are entitled to try.  You have a legitimate illness and if you can prove it is screwing with working, you may get approved.  Your medicals are mostly free or much reduced.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 5, 2019 9:01 PM MDT
      April 5, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

• I like working too much to be on disability. I rarely have MS symptoms and when I do it's small things like tingly hands or peeing a lot or not being able to regulate my body temperature. I thought about private health insurance but its way too expensive and honestly I'm too lazy/busy to go to the state office for Medicaid even tho I know I could get it since I have MS. Weirdly enough it's not even at the top of my list of things to treat. 
      April 5, 2019 9:00 PM MDT

It is pretty low,
    but over time it's possible to learn how to live well on very little.
    And it's also possible to get promoted, or get training or education towards better-paid work.
    Almost all of us start at the bottom of the heap when we're young.
      April 6, 2019 1:04 AM MDT