Discussion » Questions » Communication » "It" wears many masks and represents many things. See below for examples. Which is your favorite "it" and why?

"It" wears many masks and represents many things. See below for examples. Which is your favorite "it" and why?

It makes no sense

Why did he do it?

Did you expect it?

What  did you think of it?

Why not admit it?

Ignoring it won't solve it.

It would be great if I could but I can't so I won't.

It all depends on your point of view

I don't mind it but she might

It doesn't matter

It used to be different and better but now it is neither different nor better it is worse

Posted - August 30, 2016

Responses

The uses of the word "it" in your list indicates prior discussions where all parties are familiar with the subject being discussed. Do you think it is true?

August 30, 2016 9:10 AM MDT

I beg to differ with you sweetie. I often say "it makes no sense" and then I launch into what makes no sense and THEN we discuss it. No prior discussion involved at all. That is true of many of my examples. Now it is  VERY HELPFUL if the people doing the discussing of "it" are friends because then they often  know to which "it" the other person is referring. You and I do that about "it"Have you noticed that thus far you are the only person interested in "it"? Why is that I wonder? Is "it" a scary topic?  Too PC? Not PC enough?.  "It" may be priorly known or "it" may be a complete unknown. Either way it is verrrrrrrry interesting isn't it? Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Wednesday!  :)

August 31, 2016 5:59 AM MDT

Once I thought about it...it made my head spin.

August 31, 2016 8:16 AM MDT

Hahahahahasha! Geez. You totally crack me up! Shades of the green girl whose head spun wildingly during an exorcism. :) Thanks Ele! :)

August 31, 2016 9:09 AM MDT

August 31, 2016 9:13 AM MDT

Scary. There is actually an IT?  Oh my golly and saints preserve us be careful what you wish for.....you might get IT! Mahalo for your reply and the scary-as-he** graphic. Nightmares for me tonight. :(

August 31, 2016 10:00 AM MDT

Yikes...scary movie.

August 31, 2016 6:33 PM MDT

I never saw it! I just saw the publicity/ads for it. That was quite enough for me thank you very much!   Happy Thursday Ele! :)

September 1, 2016 1:51 AM MDT

LOL

September 1, 2016 7:55 AM MDT

Actually it was the original from the mid 70s

September 1, 2016 7:56 AM MDT