Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dumb and dumber. When a gay couple goes into a Hobby Lobby to buy something are they denied service?

Dumb and dumber. When a gay couple goes into a Hobby Lobby to buy something are they denied service?

Does Chick Fil A turn away gay? Do they vet customers and refuse to sell their very ordinary chicken sandwiches to them? When Papa John owned Papa John's did he turn away gay customers and refuse their business? What an absurdity that would be.

Selling your product to people is what you are in business to do. You do not have to approve of their lifestyles. The crazy nutjobs seem to think you do. So you refuse to sell to those of whom you disapprove. Really? What do you think would happen if you let them buy your products? Would GOD strike you dead on the spot? Stupid ad absurdum rules. Pity.

Posted - April 13, 2019

Responses

• what is especially crazy to me is the way people live their lives has NO effect on these business owners. you are a business, why would you turn away business and then cry when people boycott or you get sued for discrimination??? their actions are based on hate and intolerance and then they want to act like the victim when there is negative backlash. 
      April 13, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

BINGO! EXACTAMUNDO! We're apparently on the same page here m'dear. Why "they" care one way or the other about lifestyles that don't affect them at all I shall never understand. Maybe they are all just busybodies with nothing better to do. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply god and Happy Sunday! How's it goin?
      April 14, 2019 3:42 AM MDT

No. No one was refused service. 
      April 13, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

OK. I believe you m2c. Why would a baker REFUSE to bake a cake for a wedding? Why would it matter at all if it were a same-sex union? Isn't their money just as good s anyone else's? I don't get it. Maybe you can explain it to me. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      April 14, 2019 3:44 AM MDT

I sell products.  I have refused to sell to people because I did not approve of the use of my product.  I see statues. We had the a sitting fisherman that was black and some people were going to buy him.  But I heard them talking about what they were going chain it up next to a cannon.  I told them I did not have any for sale. 
      April 13, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

((hugs)) Don't you see that your refusal was based on compassion and being fair m2c? You were standing up for and supporting a good. Refusing to sell a cake for a wedding of gays is not a supporting a good in my opinion. One is being moral..YOU. The other isn't. In my opinion. Good for you! EXCELLENT! ATTA GIRL! Keep it up! Thank you for your reply! :) I'm gonna use you in a question without naming you. I am so proud of you! This post was edited by RosieG at April 14, 2019 3:47 AM MDT
      April 14, 2019 3:46 AM MDT