Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As a child I cared most about having my parents be proud of me. As a mom I value my son's opinion most. Whose do you value most? WHY?

As a child I cared most about having my parents be proud of me. As a mom I value my son's opinion most. Whose do you value most? WHY?

Life is a never-ending circle century after century all the way back to ancients time. People change in certain ways and they remain exactly the same in other ways.
A Blessing or a Curse?

Posted - April 15, 2019

Responses

Obviously my husband's, my employer's, a few close friends, my oldest niece and her husband, to some extent that of my stepdaughters.  In life we reach out for love  which sometimes we try to get through approval of others.  As an adolescent I realized that my mother's approval would be based upon how well I conformed to the kind of life she wanted me to have.   Which I knew I would never have the abilities to secure.  My father loved me whatever I did which though it felt good I knew was just as silly.  We seek the approval of those we love, of those we admire, of those we feel affection for  - until we learn that we do not require their approval to be lovable. 
      April 15, 2019 5:53 AM MDT