Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "A fool and his money are soon parted". I see. So the avaricious greedy cheapskate deadbeat SOBees are not foolish then? Good to know. No?

"A fool and his money are soon parted". I see. So the avaricious greedy cheapskate deadbeat SOBees are not foolish then? Good to know. No?

Posted - April 15, 2019

Responses

What that means is that if we spend our money foolishly it will soon be gone. 
      April 15, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

You can be greedy and avaricious and even a total sociopath and still not be a fool.

Trump is a TOTAL fool about being a President, but he knows how to steal.  He knows how to con and he knows how to lie.  

That doesn't make him a fool about money.   He is a fool about breaking the LAWS but he is no fool about how to clog up the courts when you have loads of power and know graft and corruption.   He has a Master's Degree in graft and a Ph.D. in corruption.
      April 15, 2019 8:31 AM MDT

• And I'd love to know where he went to school. I'd like some of that graft and corruption myself. As long as you're bringing up the subject of LAWS, try this one on for size. There are basically two kinds of people: the SUCCESSFUL, followed by all of those who wish they were. That's as reliable as the LAW of gravity. 
      April 15, 2019 9:15 AM MDT

My father, who in the 1950s started a tool company which became very successful, used to say the two kinds of people were those who were willing to work to earn their keep and those who wanted to take it from others. 
      April 15, 2019 9:22 AM MDT

A pathetic answer.  At best.  Do you seriously think this is a good answer?  That is the key to why you and your base are NOT successful.  These thoughts are the thoughts of someone who lies and covers.  That is not a key to any success.  That is a key to lying about a loser.

If someone has money and has spent his life stealing and lying and paying off people, that is a CROOK.  Not someone to be admired.  If you want to go to his school, you need a corrupt parent with MONEY to buy your way into life.  

That is something you admire.  That is why NO ONE CARES what the base thinks.  They are all mindless.  They cannot tell corruption from actual knowledge.  They cannot see anything but the guy in charge telling them he is BETTER than they are and smarter and to be admired as they kneel and bow and scrape to defend the TEFLON DON.

That is how the Mafia grew into what it is, honey. People like you admiring wealth at any cost.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 15, 2019 9:34 AM MDT
      April 15, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

I don't know about that Sharon.  I see a lot of resentment on this site against those who have been able to put together any amount of wealth in their lives - the assumption being that in order to do so we must "lie and cover", "steal", "pay off people", and we expect everyone to "bow and scrape" before us. In other words to many people wealth = evil. You are wealthy you are "evil" and bad. While poor = good.  And success connotes "corruption" while poverty indicates goodness.  That is what many choose to construe as "truth".   But as I pointed out in another post is not just what makes us feel good about ourselves and self-righteous.  Truth is much more complicated than that and often quite unpleasant. 
      April 15, 2019 9:44 AM MDT

I am so proud of people who make it honestly.  HONESTLY.  I am proud of the wealthy who earn it honestly.  

I am proud of the wealthy.  OKAY?  I am not proud of the stealing thieving liars.  AND I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE ACTING LIKE I AM JEALOUS.  Oh sure. Like I would trade MY life for any liar.  Or thief or RICH person who cons you and me.  
      April 15, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon. I am going to ask a question about it. Lay it all out in detail. Maybe if you read it you might come around to my view. Maybe not.
      April 16, 2019 4:12 AM MDT

I thought the saying was "A fool and his money are soon partied".

April 15, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

I don't even almost understand what that means Walt. I KNOW you are joking but I still don't get the significance of partied. So fools party a lot? Is that the point? I know that having to explain something is not the most fun thing in the world to do because it loses it's cleverness which I expect you intended here. Anyway thanks for showing up. I don't suppose you've got another answer up your sleeve do ya? :)
      April 15, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

There are two meanings to it, that I have seen.

1 - Yes, a fool spends all his money partying.

2 - Foolish people with a lot of money, are "partied" by those looking to get something out of them.
    EG: The common stereotype of politicians inviting potential donors to dinners where they are served $5 steaks at $1000 a plate.

April 15, 2019 1:12 PM MDT

AHA! Okey dokey Walt. I get your intent. Thank you for taking time to help me figger it out. I appreciate it a bigly bunch! ;)
      April 16, 2019 4:10 AM MDT