Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Remember way back when you were a kid your sibling hit you and you hit back and YOU were the one who got punished? Guess what folks?

Remember way back when you were a kid your sibling hit you and you hit back and YOU were the one who got punished? Guess what folks?

It happens when you are an adult too. On internet social sites specifically. Yep. The instigator attacker provoker loges a complaint and the power(s) that be react to that and that's that. Sucks bigtime but hey a lotta stuff sucks bigtime and you suck it up. How often did that happen to you as a kid and as an adult how often have you had it happen as well? Sheesh.  I guess stupid dumb is ageless.

Posted - April 18, 2019

Responses

I was the youngest of my family so I kind of could get away with hitting back. My parents considered it defending myself.
      April 18, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Tbd and Happy Friday to thee! )
      April 19, 2019 6:24 AM MDT

Yeah ... my parents never believed my brother teased me "too much", until I reacted in a way that caused them to make me attend counseling.
    And then, after having a couple sessions with the whole family (because he didn't see me reacting that way without extreme provocation), the counselor agreed that I was "justified" in my reaction.

But he also helped me develop a way to better deal with frustration and anger.
    Honestly; if he hadn't, I probably would have done a school massacre a few years later.
      April 18, 2019 1:20 PM MDT

I have a "baby" sister seven years younger than me. So I'm the one who got punished because "you are older and bigger and should know better!" WHAT? I was ten and she'd whack me with a toy. A Ten-year-old is a kid. At ten you work more on emotion not intellect . We're best friends now at  81 and 74 respectively but it took a few years. Thank you for your reply Walt. Are you all good now? Friends?
      April 19, 2019 6:31 AM MDT