Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does barr have the legal power to end all investigations in all jurisdictions at all levels of state and federal gubment? What if he does?

Does barr have the legal power to end all investigations in all jurisdictions at all levels of state and federal gubment? What if he does?

What if he aborts all of them immediately to protect Dondonjohn? What happens then?

Posted - April 19, 2019

Responses

He can TRY.  That would be the end of him and Trump.  He can TRY.  
      April 19, 2019 7:45 AM MDT

• All we have within the beltway is the mindless(Dems) and the spineless (GOP). It takes more courage, strength and old fashion intestinal fortitude than we have in the US to come down on the side of sanity and reason. Barr could end all the foolishness but he won't. AG Lynch and James Comey had enough disdain for the rule of law to cover the tracks of the Clintons and protect them from "justice". Perhaps the targets of investigation should find a tarmac with which to discuss the "problem" with AG Barr. 
      April 19, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

You sound like someone's grandpa sitting in the lounge chair loudly exclaiming IF I WERE KING, I'd....
    I think they call this Monday Morning Quarterbacking.  

April 19, 2019 10:29 AM MDT

Mr Barr, the Attorney General, is the head of the US Federal Dept of Justice, he has no jurisdiction over state/local legal matters. Nor does the President. 

As such, Barr has no legal authority over the SDNY, as one example.  
      April 19, 2019 7:50 PM MDT

But why should that stop him DB? What laws, rules, regs has this administration honored and followed? I am very serious. Since so many rules law regs have been stomped on and decimated why not forge ahead and crush everything everywhere that may be a threat to Dondonjohn at every level?  I guess we shall see what we shall see. Thank you for your reply  DB!
      April 20, 2019 1:58 AM MDT

I won’t entertain tenuous hypotheticals. We have three branches of govt for a reason. We have separations of local and federal jurisdictions for similar reasons. All are in force at the present time. 
      April 20, 2019 3:23 AM MDT