Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do prank phone calls and obscene phone calls happen less frequently now in the age of cell phone prevalence? ~

Do prank phone calls and obscene phone calls happen less frequently now in the age of cell phone prevalence? ~

Posted - April 20, 2019

Responses

I doubt it.  If anything, they probably are more prevalent since there are more avenues in which to prank and do something obscene like text and/or email by phone.  The possibilities are endless if you are a moron.  
      April 20, 2019 2:00 AM MDT

• They died with call display, that was before cell phones. 
      April 20, 2019 7:27 AM MDT

I know, right?  Ever since I blocked your number, no more of your heavy-breathing calls, perverted sexual requests from you, immature jokes, booty calls, etc.  Hey, wait a second; that was the only action I was getting!

~ This post was edited by Randy D at April 21, 2019 2:49 PM MDT
      April 20, 2019 7:40 AM MDT

• Oh, you noticed my calls then? Maybe the potion is working. I better buy a case, Stat! 
      April 20, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

Jaimie, you look wonderful!  Are you doing something different with your hair these days?  That blouse is a perfect match for your eyes, I love it.  
    This tea tastes kind of funny, though . . . special blend?

~
      April 20, 2019 7:54 AM MDT

• Stop asking questions about the tea, Randy.  Drink up....
      April 20, 2019 4:25 PM MDT

Wait, I just noticed that all the doors are locked, and why are the security bars on the insides of the windows?  There's some kind of gritty residue in this tea, and what's with that weird aftertaste?  My head hurts and my tongue is swelling up, I . . . I can barely . . . I can't focus . . . why are there two of you, Jaimie . . . I have to get out of . . . 

April 21, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

• NOW YOU KNOW I EXSIST!

April 21, 2019 3:08 PM MDT

Oh, they're still happening - and in much greater numbers than before...  

* Obscene phone calls turned into (ahem)-pics.  Drop, snap, post (at least one could "unsee" a heavy breather).

* Prank calls turned into SPAM calls.  However, many of the "pranksters" have gotten lazy; now they robo-calls (Prince Albert says you've won the lottery.  Just send $500 to his can to cover postage and handling).
      April 20, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

• Maybe .. but there are so many robocallers now.  They outnumber the number of prank callers I received in my lifetime!
      April 20, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

Exactly what I was going to say! I'd happily trade an occasional prank call for the daily telemarketing BS! 

'Is your refrigerator running?'

:)
      April 21, 2019 8:33 AM MDT

• Oh yes ... lol!  
      April 21, 2019 9:19 AM MDT

Kids today may not be clever enough to pull off any really great prank calls.   They are good at staring at screens though.
      April 20, 2019 7:33 PM MDT

I don't know where you get this information, but KIDS TODAY ARE PRACTICALLY GENIUSES COMPARED TO KIDS WHEN I WAS A KID.
      April 21, 2019 8:35 AM MDT

Clever and genius are not synonyms.  
      April 21, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

Thrifty, don't do this.  You cannot debate me.  You will lose.  

I did not SAY they were, now did I?  Do not debate me on the intelligence of kids these days compared to kids in prior generations.  And do not debate me about Trump.  Please.  

The kids today are BRILLIANT.  There are kids in every generation that water down the smart.  Of course.   We have nutrients, we have access to training them, we have parents who copulate that are geniuses and we have more parents alive today.  We have a lot of MORONS out there reproducing. Sure.  Those kids don't have much of a chance.  But, still, kids are popping up world-wide that are far superior than anything tested before.  

The fact that the populous alone is ten times that of yesteryear when we were kids, allows for more smarties.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 10:27 AM MDT
      April 21, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

You dream, my friend.
      April 21, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

LOL.  YOU KNOW I SAID THAT JUST TO BAIT YOU?

LOL

Ten Young Geniuses Shaking Up Science Today

Meet PopSci's annual Brilliant 10--a selection of the brightest young researchers in the country. They're helping to keep us healthy, prevent disasters, and make green energy cheaper than coal. Lucky for us, our future is in their capable hands

October 19, 2009

April 21, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Seems to be so but don't know. 
      April 20, 2019 7:35 PM MDT