Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If questions people ask ANNOY you stop reading them! You know the sources of your aggravation so stop seeking them. Simple right?

If questions people ask ANNOY you stop reading them! You know the sources of your aggravation so stop seeking them. Simple right?

Posted - April 20, 2019

Responses

If the questions annoy you?  Say something relevant and say why.  Give a smart enough answer that proves something.  Or get off the question and make your own questions.  

Anything else is just trolling to me.   And that includes interrupting the question by attacking with grammar issues.  So lame.  
      April 20, 2019 9:10 AM MDT

I totally agree with thee Sharon.  Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 21, 2019 3:03 AM MDT
      April 21, 2019 3:03 AM MDT

"Lame" is a judgment call---it may or may not be a statement of fact.
      April 21, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

This is not fact Mug.  It is Answer Mug and we are not computerized automatons.  Much of what we utter and type on here are knee-jerk, emotional responses to something pertinent.  That doesn't make it wrong.  It is not valid for you?  I understand.  But it should not be dismissed out of hand because there is no concrete rule to prove it is lame.  It is my opinion, backed by logic.

Maybe not logical to you, but it will stand up to debate.
      April 21, 2019 9:12 AM MDT

So your position is that what people say makes no difference as long as it is a "knee-jerk, emotional responses to something pertinent"---I find that a unique approach to discussing things.

And if one's facts are wrong, one can be both logical and wrong---syllogisms have rules regarding the nature of their component assumptions in order for their conclusions to be valid.

And of course, everybody claims to be a "logician."

And whether it will stand up to debate is no more than another opinion (for which I do not see a factual basis yet).

April 22, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

I have said that on many occasions.  Happy Saturday. :)
      April 20, 2019 10:35 AM MDT

I know you have m'dear. Do you know why? Because you are LOGICAL that's why. An apparently rare thing these days. If something hurts STOP DOING IT! If something annoys AVOID IT. If someone annoys AVOID him/her. It could not be more simple but some folks simply do not grasp the concept. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 21, 2019 3:06 AM MDT

Sometimes, I think they use it as an excuse for venting their anger about something else.  Who knows.  All I know is that there is an option to avoid it.  
      April 21, 2019 8:20 AM MDT

I am a fan of this practice.  Guilty as CHARGED.
      April 21, 2019 8:21 AM MDT

At least you are honest enough to admit it. :)
      April 21, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

Very simple.  We can choose to close our eyes to almost anything. We can live in a fool's paradise where everything just goes our way all the time.  However if we are not careful in protecting ourselves our freedom to do so may well be removed and we will have nothing. This post was edited by officegirl at April 21, 2019 8:50 AM MDT
      April 21, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

Some questions and / or the answers and comments provided on Q & A sites are philosophically abhorrent to me. 

That alone is sufficient to annoy me, and I cannot in good conscience allow them to stand unchallenged.

So my annoyance is not a sufficient reason to avoid them---on the contrary, I feel an obligation to respond.  

As I've said before, Truth exists and is the proper object of study.

We are required by the "Terms of Service" to "respect" all opinions on here  Unfortunately, respect as a word has been extended to include the requirement that we must admire and / or esteem such opinions whether they are promulgated by questions, answers, or comments.

If I wanted to spread error, I would look for sites that had such a rule---if nothing else, it would make my job less difficult.
      April 21, 2019 9:09 AM MDT