Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » are people actually allergic to sage

are people actually allergic to sage

or is this just a lie my boss tells me so I stop trying to burn it at work. THERE ARE GHOSTS IN HERE. THERE ARE GHOSTS IN MY BLOOD FROM HERE. THERE ARE SHADOW PEOPLE HERE. 

Posted - April 25, 2019

Responses

People can be allergic to anything. But, if your boss was really concerned about allergens, he'd have a rule saying people can't wear any kind of scented products to work. Those are far more likely to trigger an allergy. 

Side note, I'm allergic to all sorts of stuff, especially colognes and perfumes. I'm also allergic to cheap intense made with fillers. I am not allergic to natural dried sage or Fred Soll's resin sticks. Good stuff. My bosses have never allowed me to use anything that lights on fire though- no candles or incense- because they've been afraid it would trip the fire alarms or start an actual fire. 

So, maybe the better alternative is to use a sage smudge stick or sage essential oil just prior to your shift and then salt the doors/ windows. I think once he starts seeing that, he'll prefer the sage incense. There's also some chance he'll decide you're crazy and/or fire you, but... eh... nothing ventured, nothing gained. 
      April 25, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

• You watch Stink!  ?
      April 25, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

Yes! I think everyone should see it. 
      April 26, 2019 10:14 PM MDT

• i thought about salting the windows instead. my boss is totes a vampire so I think that's the reason why she wont let me do anything. i  think the spray or oil is actually the best idea because its discreet. 

i brought a bird into work once, started a grease fire and carried it around, and also flooded the whole back of the store. if those shenanigans didnt get me fired idk what would 
      April 25, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

Maybe your boss doesn't like the scent of sage.  
      April 25, 2019 11:09 AM MDT

• well she's a vampire so I'm not surprised. I think that's the real reason she won't let me 
      April 25, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

People are allergic to anything that you need to BURN to smell.  
    Get some of the fresh stuff.  It smells so much better too.  And?  Put it in a nice bag.  With a nice drawstring. And smell it.  When it dries, it will be nice too.  You don't have to burn a thing.  The scent is in your nostrils and in your head where it belongs.  Not in the noses of the uninitiated.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 25, 2019 11:17 AM MDT
      April 25, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

• this is a good idea actually because I can hide them around the store 
      April 25, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

If you want to know about sage, ask a witch.  Ask away.  
      April 25, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

• People should keep their "scents" at home.  I am with this person.
      April 25, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

• sounds like something a demon would say but ok 
      April 25, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

• Yah
      April 25, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

Some people uses air refreshers ( that you plug on an electric plug ) and it smells everywhere in a room. maybe your boss doesnt want the air to be filled by a certain flavor. 
      April 25, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

• it's not an air freshener. it has a very subtle smell that dissipates quickly 
      April 25, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

• I like sage but it is anything but subtle.
      April 25, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

I guess it would be possible.  Some people are allergic to all manner of things.  Don't know if I have ever been allergic to any plants or food - don't think so.  But trying on earrings containing a certain alloy my earlobes immediately turn red and become inflamed.  Which is so weird.
      April 25, 2019 8:17 PM MDT

It's probably the nickel. That's the most common and I have that too. Nickle sensitivities can develop over time. Unfortunately, even stuff labeled as "nickle free" isn't always so. I even have reactions to dental crowns. My first wedding ring (18k gold) still produced the reaction. I have a few pieces of 24k I trust, but I don't buy anything new because I just can't trust companies to even know what's in the mix. 
      April 26, 2019 10:19 PM MDT

rnaybe
      April 30, 2019 4:52 PM MDT