Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » have you ever used baking soda to remove hair dye

have you ever used baking soda to remove hair dye

how did that go for you 

Posted - May 1, 2019

Responses

From where?  It is salt.  

Not from your hair, I hope.  It may work on stains, don't know.
      May 1, 2019 7:34 AM MDT

• I'm using it on my hair but mixing it with head and shoulders. also I'm using a leave in conditioner after to help keep it soft and not dry it to death 
      May 1, 2019 9:14 AM MDT

HEAD AND SHOULDERS?  I'm done.  Your hair can't be that bad if you can handle that stuff.  LOL 
      May 1, 2019 9:20 AM MDT

• that's what I'm saying too but everyone keeps telling me it's bad and that's why they wont touch it. 
      May 1, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

• No, but when I dyed my hair black I used a drugstore hair dye stripper to try to go back to blonde. Didn’t work out well. Ended up with orange and green hair. 
      May 1, 2019 8:35 AM MDT

You keep landing on subjects I know about. I was a hairdresser and I committed every hair atrocity on myself known to man.  

One time in highschool I didn't know anything about hair dye and jumped into a chlorine loaded pool and my hair turned green.  I know that one.

I just re-dyed it.  Be sure to sleep in conditioners because your hair is probably trashed.  Oh wait. You said not this time. I guess you spilled some.  

I have some clean up to do in the bathroom sink due to Colorsilk a product that has no peroxide.  IT STILL STAINS.  I'll try the baking soda idea and see if it works.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 1, 2019 8:56 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

• I was a teenager when I did this. I never use box dyes anymore. I went to a hair dresser to fix it and they wouldn’t dye it without me signing a release form cos my hair was so faaked. I end up having to get most of my length chopped off. Also it was during exam time so I called my guidance consoler in a dramatic fit and she let me write all my exams in her office instead of go to the gym with everyone else lol.  

May 1, 2019 8:57 AM MDT

• my hair is so dry and fried I cant even find someone willing to lift all the color out because they're afraid its going to all break off and be mashed potatoes. a month or so ago I had someone just dye it all one color and she told me to let it run out (she was covering blue purple and green). that's why I'm trying baking soda and head and shoulders, she told me it helps to take the color out faster without wrecking my hair.  
      May 1, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

I hope you have a few bucks.  Here is what I recommend.  You know that product "IT'S a 10" ?  They sell that here in most drug stores and grocery stores.  But you are in a different area.  Anyway.  Buy their conditioner.  They have a conditioner that is under 20 bucks.  It is not cheap.  I would put the whole bottle on.  Meaning, at night, wrap your head in a glob of it and wrap it in saran wrap.

Keep doing that.  And don't put any dye on your hair for awhile.  Use one of those wash out products.  If you can find that still.  You pour it on your hair after you shampoo (you don't need to shampoo) so just pour it on and it should cover a lot of error.  And it washes out.

Won't hurt your hair that probably has cancer by now.  Handle with care.  I see wigs in your future, or hair extensions for awhile.  
      May 1, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

• I‘ve heard the anti-dandruff shampoo works for removing some dye. I wasn’t aware of the baking soda trick. If you’re getting oranges come out in your hair use a purple shampoo. I use purple once a week and it helps my colour not turn brassy.   
      May 1, 2019 9:19 AM MDT

GOD, I keep getting you and Jaimie's answers mixed up.  Sorry.  I am answering both of you and her hair is worse than yours, God.  So I am giving you the screwed up advice and her the good advice. 

but you both need to CONDITION like mad and forget the color for awhile.  AND GET SOMETHING GOOD FOR GODSAKE. Forget the food. Get the hair done.  It is better to look good than feel good.  You are girls. You know this.  
      May 1, 2019 9:22 AM MDT

• I am Jaimie....
      May 1, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

We are  Legion.  For we are many.  

Satan       https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038686/ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 1, 2019 9:34 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

See what I mean?  I just gave Jaimie this answer by mistake....

GOD, I keep getting you and Jaimie's answers mixed up.  Sorry.  I am answering both of you and her hair is worse than yours, God.  So I am giving you the screwed up advice and her the good advice. 

but you both need to CONDITION like mad and forget the color for awhile.  AND GET SOMETHING GOOD FOR GODSAKE. Forget the food. Get the hair done.  It is better to look good than feel good.  You are girls. You know this.  
      May 1, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

• When I used to use manic panic dyes I would spray .y hair in vinegar and go out in the sun for a few days when I was going to change colors.  It lightens it out faster.
      May 1, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

• does it lighten significantly? I did read online that vinegar works and also lemon juice 
      May 1, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

• Yeah it is subtle each time but if you dampen tour hair slightly and spend an hour in the sun a few days in a row it works.  Speeds it up anyway.
      May 1, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

Nope. I just put another dye over the other.

No shampoo ever. Just good conditioner. It cleans and does not strip your hair of natural oils etc. This post was edited by my2cents at May 6, 2019 9:38 AM MDT
      May 6, 2019 9:36 AM MDT