Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » What’s your favourite fictional country?

What’s your favourite fictional country?

Posted - May 1, 2019

Responses

I love it.  The pic and the question.

It would have to be Middle Earth.  I certainly don't want to go to Game of Thrones territory.  GOD NO. NOOOOO even the Rich are miserable in that lifetime.  And the poor?  The rich eat the poor for snacks.

So, at least I can see lots of beauty and peace in Middle Earth. I'm headed to The Old Forest to visit Bombadil and Goldberry.  

Oh.  I cannot believe you don't like this story.  It is so unbelievably beautiful.  The man of the Earth loves the Daughter of the River.

It is witchy and holy and filled with archetypes that stay with you forever.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 1, 2019 11:52 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

• It’s a movie about short guys going for a long walk then throwing a ring in a fire pit -_- I don’t get it. 
      May 1, 2019 9:01 AM MDT

Sigh.  And you never will, just like I do not get my daughter's love for Flowers in the Attic and Winnie The Pooh and Strawberry Shortcake.  I know.  I am just getting used to being old.  It really is a bad joke.  Here I am loudly shouting to young people who do not give a **** about tales I love.  Sounds like a boring old grandpa to me.  HAAAAAAAA

My grandpa was never boring. None of them were.  

But I REALLY DO GET IT.  I would never get into someone else's stuff either.  I hate Twilight.  I already loved Vampires years before and I made myself full of them with the Interview with a Vampire series.  So Twilight was just another one.

And action heroes?  GOD how boring.  I don't GET it.  But I can see why people like it.  I never liked comic books either.  It was too much of the same old same old.

I would love to watch A Handmaid's Tale if I was in my 20's or 30's because I was into bleak horror like that.  That would give me many nights of worry and fear.  I would just gravitate to that one.  

May 1, 2019 9:07 AM MDT

• Lol :) I read all the Flowers in the Attic books when I was a teen. Pretty much every book V.C Andrews wrote. She was pretty twisted. 

May 1, 2019 9:14 AM MDT

My daughter is in her forties. It must be a trend of old.  

I think you are much younger than that though.  Late 20's? Early thirties? 
      May 1, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

I'm partial to Vulcan.
      May 1, 2019 9:04 AM MDT

•   May 1, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

You are in love with yourself.  This is YOU to a "T".  And I am in total admiration.  This is not a slam. I love him.  
      May 1, 2019 9:09 AM MDT

• TECHNICALLY tamriel is a continent but it has provinces so it's basically Canada 

May 1, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

• Is  that from that fortRim game you like?
      May 1, 2019 9:24 AM MDT

• yeah skyrimjobs 
      May 1, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

• That’s what I thought.
      May 1, 2019 9:26 AM MDT

• New Zealand....  They say it exists but the facts suggest otherwise..  They are just Australian crisis actors.   Then we have the whole flat earthers .  A deflection tactic to hide the truth about New Zealand being a conspiracy by Australia to look like it has its own Canada.
      May 1, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

• New Zealand has to be real...it’s a magical land that is squirrel-less, the birds are named after fruits and when people say “they’re sitting on the deck” makes me cry laugh. I believe in NZ. 

May 1, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

• Sounds exactly like Australia. Hmmmmmm
      May 1, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

• You’re killing me.....
      May 2, 2019 6:41 AM MDT

Currently, my favorite fictional country is my barony in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
    If I could just get those damned Fey to leave it alone!
      May 1, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

• I don’t understand a word you just said......lol. 
      May 1, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

I got it.  The Fey are the Fairy folk.  They can be pesky.  They can be a lot of things.  But mostly they can be really really cool and they really really do exist on the astral plane.

feyness noun

Did You Know?

Fey is a word that defies its own meaning, since it has yet to even come close to the brink of death after being in our language for well over 800 years. In Old and Middle English it meant "feeble" or "sickly." Those meanings turned out to be fey themselves, but the word lived on in senses related to death, and because a wild or elated state of mind was once believed to portend death, other senses arose from these. The word fay, meaning "fairy" or "elf," may also have had an influence on some senses of "fey." Not until the late 20th century did the word's most recent meanings, "precious" and "campy," find their way onto the pages of the dictionary.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 2, 2019 6:42 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 10:55 AM MDT

May 1, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

feyness noun

Did You Know?

Fey is a word that defies its own meaning, since it has yet to even come close to the brink of death after being in our language for well over 800 years. In Old and Middle English it meant "feeble" or "sickly." Those meanings turned out to be fey themselves, but the word lived on in senses related to death, and because a wild or elated state of mind was once believed to portend death, other senses arose from these. The word fay, meaning "fairy" or "elf," may also have had an influence on some senses of "fey." Not until the late 20th century did the word's most recent meanings, "precious" and "campy," find their way onto the pages of the dictionary.

May 1, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

And to further the irony ... Fey (folk) are immune to death in their own world/plane.
    That is (allegedly) why they have such little regard for the death of mortals.
      May 1, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

I got to study a bit of Celtic history years ago.  I loved the lore.
      May 1, 2019 1:57 PM MDT

• Thanks :) I thought was probably from a game. I don’t understand game talk expect for “level up”. 

May 2, 2019 6:42 AM MDT