Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Mitt Romney suggested that illegls SELF-DEPORT. Nancy Pelosi sez the sb prez is SELF-IMPEACHING. Can he SELF-RESIGN instead?

Mitt Romney suggested that illegls SELF-DEPORT. Nancy Pelosi sez the sb prez is SELF-IMPEACHING. Can he SELF-RESIGN instead?

Posted - May 13, 2019

Responses

Nixon did.  

Is there any other type of resignation, than by self? lol

Well, at work we have a "quit by mutual agreement" ... for when we want to fire somebody, but don't want to have to worry about a lawsuit if we SAY we fired them. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at May 14, 2019 2:23 AM MDT
      May 13, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

Nixon's "resignation" was forced. The ultimatum was delivered to him by other Republicans. He "resigned" before he was impeached. It was not something he would ever have done if not forced to do so. But here and now there are no trumpicans who have the spine or the cajones to deliver that message to him. They are terrified of him. And too when someone says "you're fired" the firee can say "you can't fire me because I quit". That is not really self-resignation. That is putting lipstick on a pig. It is still a pig. Nothing will get the sb prez out of office. Maybe if his health fails. His mind was gone years ago long before he "ran" for prez.. If his body gives out on him and he can no longer boast and brag and lie and intimidate he will be gone. Till then condolences to all of us. Just my opinion Walt. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy! :)
      May 14, 2019 2:28 AM MDT

As Walt indicates, "self-resign" is something of a tautology.... but whether His Nibs would resign is another matter - whether by his own choice or persuaded to do so.
      May 13, 2019 3:28 PM MDT

I doubt it would ever be "by his own choice" Durdle. Nixon "resigned" because he was told by his own party   that it was time for him to go. He would have been impeached so he "saved face" but everyone knew why he left. He had no choice. With the sb prez he will have to be lifted up by a heavy earth-moving machine and taken away bodily and dumped on a far-distant shore on an island surround by sharks 24/7. Or taken to the Himalayas to the topmost part of the highest mountain and left there to live out his days. As long as he can talk he will hang on hold on and lie his way through every day,. He will sue and lie and sue and brag and sue and intimidate and threaten and lie every day in every way to stay. He is a "gift" that keeps on giving the worst of homo saps and gets away with it. Why that is I don't know. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Tuesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 14, 2019 2:35 AM MDT
      May 14, 2019 2:33 AM MDT

Thank you Rosie.

I remember the downfall of Richard Nixon though I don't think I understood it all fully.

Yes, a good many people are "asked to resign" for wrong-doing or wilful incompetence, but I agree, that won't work with Donald Trump.

Dump him on top of Mount Everest? I'm not sure what the poor mountain - or the Nepalese - would have to do to deserve that, but he wouldn't have many days left up there!  

May 14, 2019 7:14 AM MDT