Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » All painters (canvas not house) have access to the same colors. Their work is vastly different. Is the diference due to inspiration/vision?

All painters (canvas not house) have access to the same colors. Their work is vastly different. Is the diference due to inspiration/vision?

Posted - May 17, 2019

Responses

• All painters, (Canvas not house) can claim inspiration and expression, but all do not create art as a result. While beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, it takes skill and talent to create a piece of art. It's more than brush strokes, like good writing is more than pounding a keyboard. 
      May 17, 2019 6:53 AM MDT

I see some "art" that is worth millions that I think a monkey could do or a two-year-old. Why is that? How do you compare a Grandma Moses with a Matisse? Or something written by The Monkees with a piece by Beethoven? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or ear. Who decides if it is childish and ordinary or great art? Put two canvases side by side and one can be worth millions while the other is worth precious little. So much for assessing worth meaning value. Thank you for your reply SC and Happy Friday to thee. Some art is so ugly. Some art is so simple. A bunch of colors regimentally placed on a canvas. Or distorted faces in extreme pain or distress? Beauty? I think not. Art? To whom? :(
      May 17, 2019 8:06 AM MDT

Natural ability and craft (what they have learned) enter into it as well. 
      May 17, 2019 7:15 AM MDT