Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » At what point in prenatal/ postnatal development does the soul/ spirit/ essence of a person become part of the person?

At what point in prenatal/ postnatal development does the soul/ spirit/ essence of a person become part of the person?

Posted - May 17, 2019

Responses

Oh great. A question that no one can answer that everyone has a passionate opinion about.

I'm otta here..  Wait, not yet. I think that everything has the spark of GOD. EVERY THING.  So, energy does not disappear. It changes form, I think.  We don't die just because we die to the physical.  

Nothing really dies.  It changes form.  The soul never dies, it is formless.  It was housed in a sperm and embryo and that sperm and embryo united.  When it is removed, that energy is not killed.  It just goes back to where it once belonged.

God is not mean.  God just is GOD.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 17, 2019 1:27 PM MDT
      May 17, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

At exactly 59384958436394672368249 micrometricnanoseconds
      May 17, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

NO FREAKING WAY.  

I have proof that it is exactly 59384958436394672368248 micrometricnanoseconds
      May 17, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

• "I" believe God sends the soul to indwell from conception.  At point of last breath, the soul returns to God.
      May 17, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

So, what about the seeds?   The unfertilized seeds of procreation?  What do we do with the refuse?  There was this idiot passage in the bible that says it is better to spill the seed into the belly of a whore than on the ground.  

Does that mean that it is worse to masturbate than screw a slut? 

I think we need to just think about it.  What about all the still births and the miscarriages?  Is that just God's poo poo?  What about that? 

If you have a miscarriage, how is that worse for the baby than an abortion?  The baby goes back to where it once belonged.  TO GOD.  If GOD exists, GOD is protecting. EVERYONE. AND EVERY CONCEPTUAL EVENT THAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN TO ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM GOD. And everything comes from God.  So, the individual may be at fault, but the baby is not at fault.  The baby is FINE and DANDY because we are NOT this body anyway.  
      May 17, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

• I'm who God created me to be, Him making no mistakes.  I'll even go a step further and say that there are times that I don't masturbate out of pure pleasure.  No, I HAVE TO because my "blue balls" start throbbing to the point of wanting to puke.  The soul isn't given unless the seed joins with the egg.  Maybe masturbation isn't murder, but it's sure a wasted joy, some claim.  Maybe it is, death can't swim. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 17, 2019 3:45 PM MDT
      May 17, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

You are so right and so off.  I have to go to work, I'll be back for this one.  Oh brother.  God had nothing to do with you.  God is the witness. So is your soul.  It is crying right about now.  
      May 17, 2019 1:57 PM MDT

I keep writing a phrase of my emotions and facts but deleting them.  One of them was, "is there 'really' a statement like that in the bible?"
    Obviously, there was or you wouldn't have pulled it.
    That is such a disappointment for me in the Biblical words.
      Whores aren't bad people and masturbating isn't a bad thing to do.
    I get very confused signals from the Bible when it comes to these things.
    Moving on, I agree with your statement, "we are NOT of this body anyway" IF you are referring to the "we" to our souls/spirits.  We DO need these "meat suits" or "vessels" to live on Earth as oxygen breathing beings. 
    It all gets messed up in how you perceive the word and how spiritual you are.
    One is not any more powerful than the other.  It is simply the way you understand life and the teachings you have experienced.

This post was edited by Merlin at May 17, 2019 3:47 PM MDT
      May 17, 2019 1:39 PM MDT

Yeah there was.  I can find it. I'm sure.

Who Said: "It is better to plant thy seed in the belly of a whore than to be cast upon the ground"?"?

I have heard it is in the Bible.If it is should a holy book talks about an immoral act?

Follow
    17 answers
    Report Abuse

Answers

Relevance

Best Answer:  If I'm right about where this came from in the bible, that isn't exactly what was said. In Genesis 38, there is a story about a man named Judah who had found favor in the eyes of God. He found his son Er a wife named Tamar but God found Er to be a wicked man so he put him to death. Because there were no children from Er, the Hebrew law was that the brother of the deceased was to marry the widow and give her the children she was to have with her husband. This kept it in the family and provided for the widow.

So Er's brother Onan agreed to marry Tamar, but he knew that his children would be born in honor of his late brother so he hardened his heart towards his responsibility and used Tamar like a man would use a whore. He went into her but whenever he was ready, he would withdraw and spill his seed on the ground. What he did was defiant and wicked in the Lord's sight, so God put him to death also.

The father, Judah, realized God hated his two sons and was afraid for his third son so he sent Tamar to live with her father and promised the third son for later. As the years went on, Tamar, who wasn't deceived by this promise became angry because she was still childless and still with her father so she made a plan to get what she wanted. She dressed herself like a whore and put a veil on her face and went to meet Judah who was on his way to work with his sheep. When Judah saw her, he thought she was a whore and asked her for sex so she asked what he would give her. He said he'd give her a goat but she asked for a pledge as well. So he gave her what she asked for; his seal, its cord and his staff. She would return these when the goat arrived.

Tamar then slept with Judah to get the child she was owed by the family and she did, indeed, conceive. When Judah sent his servant back with the goat, "the whore" was not there. Three months later, Tamar was with child and therefore people thought she was prostituting herself and dishonoring Judah's family. Judah heard about her pregnancy and was going to have her killed but when he sent for her, she sent back a message saying the man who got her pregnant gave her these: the pledged items of Judah.

Judah then understood the seriousness of his leaving her without a child and called her more righteous than himself for what she had done to keep herself and the baby in the family. Tamar had twins named Perez and Zerah.

Like most stories from the bible, someone has taken the facts and twisted them and somehow you got what you got. Hope this clears it up.
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 17, 2019 2:13 PM MDT
      May 17, 2019 2:03 PM MDT

I love you! I believed you, too!  Thanks for backing that up!
    And in case you are ever worried about where all the dead birds go, we both know, their bodies are happily decomposed by bugs and earth to make more Earth.  Their souls go on to fly in other worlds. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 17, 2019 2:27 PM MDT
      May 17, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

That is not in the Bible. The source of the quote is unknown. But whoever said it was misinformed about the meaning of:
    Genesis 38:9Onan knew that the child (heir) would not be his [but his dead brother's]; so whenever he lay with his brother's widow, he spilled his seed on the ground [to prevent conception], so that he would not give a child to his brother.
    Onan was punished not for spilling his seed on the ground but for greed and willful disobedience.

Sperm and egg (seed) are not human beings but are the reproductive cells of humans (having only  50% of the DNA in them than regular cells)but do create a human life when they are joined together.
      May 18, 2019 6:31 AM MDT

Magic.
    It differs from one personal "vessel" to another. 
    If you have a good mind/body connection, like you have stated JA, you can and know what the sex is without an ultrasound, etc.  You simply know the sexual and strength of the being you are growing inside you.
    My next statements, please remember are not proven but only my opinion.  Some chosen souls already have chosen the body they desire and make their presence known. These tend to be strong people in spirit. 
    These are not graded as good or bad nor is this an implication of how this person will lead their chosen lives. This is because there was a human being/spiritual connection, quickly.
    The tendency most people try to generalize is abortion and miscarriages.
    All of these facts and reasons do not agree because of the gift of life and death.  You do not die when you are in the womb.  You have yet to be born.  It is a place of developement. Sometimes a soul/spirit is not ready.  Sometimes it was a mismatch.
    Take into consideration it is choice not only for the women and man who made the vessel able for the spirit to jump into but also for the spirit to want to be here in the enviornment it may be encountering.
    We all have to remember, sometimes it really isn't "all about us as humans." Maybe, even against the parent's wish, the spirit wasn't ready to be on Earth at that time.
    There are many variables that take place.  Just because you are able to make babies doesn't mean you are ready for the spirit to enter the body ready for a day or a life on Earth.
    Don't be so hard on yourselves for miscarriages or be quick to judge women who choose to abort.  Maybe, just maybe, it is about the spirit who was about to jump in that wasn't ready.
    It is a choice of the soul/spirit and the women knows it, subconsciously.  Even if she may not agree, she, in the spirit world knows when it is right.  
      May 17, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

Not to be confused with all the other avenues of thought I have shared,
    Yes, Sharon, where are all the dead birds?, I DO believe in GOD.
    Happy! Happy!
      May 17, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

To test that scientifically first the existence of the "soul/spirit/etc" must be proven. Until then we only have peoples best guess.
    Personally I believe because the Bible says the life is in the blood. That it comes into being when the heart starts pumping that blood....18 days after conception. 
      May 18, 2019 6:35 AM MDT

frorn conception
      May 18, 2019 4:53 PM MDT

Not sure how anyone would measure such a thing.  As I grew up Reformed Christian (Protestant) we did not have "souls" so have always been at a loss to account for any such things.  I can't see them as anything separate from who we are physically.  Whether our "essence" is scientific or spiritual.  Seems that to speculate on what doesn't really exist or what I don't believe exists is tenuous at best. 
      May 19, 2019 7:56 PM MDT