Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Family » Have you ever had a dream that you were your parent or grandparent? Is that weird or what? ~

Have you ever had a dream that you were your parent or grandparent? Is that weird or what? ~

Posted - May 25, 2019

Responses

Not that i recall... I make weird dreams and i remember them sometimes just before i woke up, but after i get up i no longer remember them. I know though that i sometime dream about family members ; but i just cant recall the dreams.
      May 25, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

No, but I have thought, I wish I'd had me for a parent, many times while I was wide awake.
      May 25, 2019 10:47 PM MDT

1. No
    2. What
      May 25, 2019 10:52 PM MDT

Nothing in a dream is NORMAL.  Think about it.  We are totally transferred into another world that we are creating even before we can think up a story.  It is our subconscious just streaming.  Like live-streaming videos.  We are kind of watching and accepting the screen so much that we are in the movie.  If we dream of dying, we actually believe it up until we awake in relief.  So, to me, nothing is weirder than the fact that we DREAM in the first place.  THAT IS WEIRD.  
      May 25, 2019 10:53 PM MDT

Haven't you ever had a dream about any of the normal, regular, mundane, everyday or even boring life experiences that you experienced?  Personally, not all my dreams are weird.  Many of them are, but certainly not all.  This particular one wherein I saw myself as my maternal grandfather might be tied into my realization about 15 years ago that he and I shared many characteristics, partially to include physical attributes, personality, trials and tribulations.  I admired my grandfather for many reasons, and it's possible that I had a dream that I was he because it's part of what I aspired to be.  (P.S.  I've never known my father, so the fact that my grandfather featured in my dream is a sensible conclusion.)

~

May 25, 2019 10:59 PM MDT