Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do y'all wanna be controlled by a KING who decides everything unilaterally or do you favor the system set up by the Founding Fathers?

Do y'all wanna be controlled by a KING who decides everything unilaterally or do you favor the system set up by the Founding Fathers?

In case you've forgotten what that is allow me to REFRESH YOUR MEMORY!

Three branches, co-equal

EXECUTIVE
JUDICIAL
LEGISLATIVE

The Legislative branch is charged with oversight of the Executive Branch so the "executive" doesn't get away with murder as has been the case since January 2017!

So d'ya like the takeover of the king? Is that what YOU voted to bring to your country? Really?

Posted - May 25, 2019

Responses

:):):)
      May 27, 2019 4:35 AM MDT

:):):)
      May 26, 2019 4:43 AM MDT

EXACTAMUNDO! PRECISELY!  BINGO! YOU NAILED IT PERFECTLY Shuhak! Many US persons badmouth royalty with respect to the Brits et al yet they elected a dangerous dodohead they treat as if he were KING. Are they really that unaware of their part in this catastrophe? If so yikes! If not why do they lie and PRETEND OTHERWISE? One wonders about such things. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. Wonder what THE KING will do next to screw around with us? Any guesses?
      May 26, 2019 4:41 AM MDT

Exactamundo?  Do I detect a bit of the 'Fonz' there?  :)
      May 26, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

From moi?  WHOA! I do own a leather jacket  thought mine is a brown bomber jacket.! The FONZ was the coolest cat I ever did see in all my borned days. His office was the boy's bathroom. It  takes mucho macho cool to pull that off! As i understand it that role was meant to be a short-lived temporary gig but once THE FONZ showed up well the rest is history. I only wish I were cool Shuhak. I'm the least cool person you'd ever meet in all YOUR borned days.  Would I like to have been cool? Of course. Who wouldn't? It just wasn't in the cards. Now my younger sister was a cool kid and now that she in her 70's SHE IS STILL COOL. You can't teach cool. You either go it or ya don't! I'm gonna ask! Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 26, 2019 12:05 PM MDT

I am a Republican because I agree with the system set up by our founding fathers. and I do not want to see it compromised or watered down. 
      May 25, 2019 8:17 PM MDT

I have to laugh that you think the current Republican party is anything like what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
      May 26, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

Paramount to the Founding Fathers was freedom of self-determination.   Which is the freedom to make one's own way in life, to work for one's own goals, to  make one's own mistakes, and to enjoy the fruits of one's labors. Which freedom they found in Christianity, in the thought of Aristotle, in the thought of John Locke, and so on.  Which Republican ideals still consider and take into account.  Let us go our own ways and make our own decisions.  Which unfortunately when I look at what the Democratic party has become I don't see this.  They are very much about telling what to think and what to do and not only that but about  legislating those things.  Making laws out of them.  Which to me is scary.
      May 26, 2019 7:40 AM MDT

This country was founded on the tenets of Judeo-Christian teachings.  It is not a Christian country, no matter how many times you say it.  Laws are not made by Democrats alone.  You keep saying that your freedoms to choose have been abridged, but that is not a fact.  Surely you take advantage of at least some of the socialized things that are provided otherwise you'd still be riding around on unpaved roads, you would not have Social Security or Medicare, you might starve to death but for food stamps, etc.  
      May 26, 2019 7:53 AM MDT

We were founded by Christians and Jews. Our laws are based on that fact. And while we do not have and do not want a gov religion, the majority of this nation is and has been Christian. Making us a Christian nation. Just as we do not have a national language but we are an English speaking country.
      May 26, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

No, we are NOT a Christian nation and no matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true. End of this discussion as I find it difficult to try and discuss something with someone who insists on throwing facts out the window.  Have a nice day,
      May 26, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Are we an English speaking nation?
      May 26, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

• No...There is nothing that says the official language of the US is English
      May 26, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

I did not say "official language".  
      May 26, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

• Did I say you said that?  Sorry..I find that often Republicans (especialy trumpers) need to be corrected
      May 26, 2019 12:54 PM MDT

Then exactly what are you "correcting"?
      May 26, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

• That's easy...aything that comes out of the mourh of s trump apologist requires correction
      May 26, 2019 6:52 PM MDT

That's easy...aything (anything) that comes out of the mourh (mouth) of s trump (Trump) apologist requires correction
    Do you see the irony? Lol
    This post was edited by my2cents at May 27, 2019 3:25 PM MDT
      May 26, 2019 8:10 PM MDT

• Trying typing on my ****** phone. No run along and moderat me This post was edited by my2cents at May 27, 2019 1:58 PM MDT
      May 27, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

At least she just is correcting your typos instead of pointing the finger back at you and saying NO YOU GUYS are at fault.  That is the usual modus operandi.  Did I spell that right? 
      May 27, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

• Shea horrible moderator who does not practice what she is required to do and the reason I quit. She weasled her way of authority so she could control the narratives of the "libtard" members
      May 27, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

No. She is NOT a horrible moderator. She is a GREAT moderator.  If she lets me stay on here, she is amazing.  But, she is not a great debater of Trump because that is IMPOSSIBLE.  How can you defend scum?  Ask Sara Huckabee.  It just does not work, but I defend her ability to moderate.  I think she is much more fair and just than you or I could ever be if we had to put up with us.  LOL
      May 27, 2019 9:01 AM MDT

• I disagree. JA lets you stay

She has an agenda
      May 27, 2019 3:16 PM MDT

• Shea horrible moderator who does not practice what she is required to do and the reason I quit. She weasled her way of authority so she could control the narratives of the "libtard" members
      May 27, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

The so-called "founding fathers" were very interested in Christian dogma and Christian morality and Christian concepts - even those who were not Evangelical Christians or who did not believe in the deity of Jesus - sons of the enlightenment - were very interested in Christianity and very much realized its usefulness to the country as well to all people.  None of them discouraged anyone in his or her Christianity and in fact they were willing to defend the Christianity of all Christians they knew.  Like Pres. Trump has spoken in defense of ours. This post was edited by my2cents at May 28, 2019 6:26 AM MDT
      May 26, 2019 1:10 PM MDT