Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » I never hear anyone mention the TV show from the 60's The Roaring 20's. Do you remember anything about that one?

I never hear anyone mention the TV show from the 60's The Roaring 20's. Do you remember anything about that one?

It starred Dorothy Provine.  I remember that part.

Posted - June 3, 2019

Responses

No but my mom sported hairdos from both eras!
      June 3, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

Oh yes, I remember all of them and wore some of them myself.  Beehives were very big in the late 50's early 60's and French twists.  LOL 

I had VERY curly hair and just wanted to die because all the styles were straight and ratted (teased) very high and I had to set my hair with rollers every night and pray it did not rain that day.  Then the late 60's happened and I was HOT and did not even know it.  LOL 

Afros were in and I was a white Dianna Ross.  
      June 3, 2019 1:37 PM MDT

:) You Crack Me Up! :)
    My mom is the exact opposite.  She has very fine, straight hair so the pixie worked great for her back-in-the-day and she still wears that look today!
    She had to get a "fall" for the beehive.  I think she still has in somewhere to this day. Ahhhhh!!
    My sister and I must have received the Lazy Curl Hair gene from our father. Both our heads of hair are realitiviely thick and wavy.  The pixie would have been hard to pull off.
    The funniest thing about the beehive is my sister, being my maid of honor at our wedding, had all the bridesmaids where their hair in beehives.  Luckily they all had long hair at the time.  
    It was the "buzz" around our group of friends.  Somehow, they all pulled it off. 
    I've never teased my hair.  I have enough problems with dry hair anyway.  
    A white Diana Ross?  I love that image of you!  It will be forever true!! Thanks for the response and talk to ya soon.  I'm signing off.  I have a ton of errands to run and work this evening.
    Hugs and loves! Merlin 
    :) :)
      June 3, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

You rock.  

June 3, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

Never heard of that show.
      June 3, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

It was a very popular show too.  Gangster movies were very big in the 40's, 50's and 60's.  And this show was a result of that.  We had The Untouchables, I remember and this show was a lighter version of that kind of show.  It was kind of fun.  I could watch a few episodes still for nostalgic reasons.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 3, 2019 6:43 PM MDT
      June 3, 2019 2:11 PM MDT

I watched The Untouchables all the time along with The Fugitive.  
      June 3, 2019 2:27 PM MDT

Yay! Good to see you!!
    :)

I've never seen this show. I don't even think I've even heard of it. If you like it, I bet I might, too.
      June 3, 2019 6:44 PM MDT