Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Want to see what broadened my horizons?

Want to see what broadened my horizons?

A friend of mine who also enjoys Laurie Anderson (and he also introduced me to drum corps competitions) sent me this video of WGI Blue Coats 2019 Prelims.

The music is a EXCELLENT-to-me remix of Laurie Anderson's "O Superman" -- I love the dancing and flag work and choreography and the female and male voices at the 0:11 to 0:28 seconds mark doing the "Ha Ha Ha"'s (you can also hear Laurie Anderson Haha'ing, from her original song; in Laurie's original, the HaHa's occur through entire song.)

This is not to everyone's taste I'm sure - - but, in large part because Laurie Anderson is superb to me, this piece of art fascinates me!
:)

Yup -- six minutes long. Worth every second (even if you disagree with me, ha! [ ha ha ha . . .]

Posted - June 3, 2019

Responses

The music is fascinating.
      June 3, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

I agree.
    Thanks for watching.
      June 4, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

WOW.  LOL

I thought Laurie Anderson was some kind of Tammy Faye Baker religious TV personality.

This is TERRIFIC.  Thank you for being ahead of the pack once more entertainment-wise.  AMAZING. I have to watch this a lot before I comment further.  I am thinking of Bjork for starters and GaGa in the sense of the original theatrics and sound and costuming and dance all rolled into one.  
      June 4, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

YAYY!!! I'm glad you liked this as much as I do!! 

And I'm sorry I'm over TWO MONTHS late in responding! Darn!

I'm glad you watched and listened!

Yay!

August 6, 2019 5:59 PM MDT