Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » A Mysterious Object Punched a Hole in the Milky Way, Scientists Are Confused This LOOKS SCARY.

A Mysterious Object Punched a Hole in the Milky Way, Scientists Are Confused This LOOKS SCARY.

Posted - June 4, 2019

Responses

WALT. WALT. THIS ONE'S FOR YOU.  
      June 4, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

Well ... if our reality is really a computer simulation, maybe it's a corrupt sector.
      June 4, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

This was filled with the science you long for.  
      June 4, 2019 2:01 PM MDT

I kept replaying the start, and couldn't find if they say when they noticed it.
    I mean, was that "sector" normal ... then they noticed it changed?  Or were they not able to see it previously?
    Given that the light from there takes millions(?) of years to get to us, was this change something we should have seen happening ... or did it happen before we began stargazing?  The video isn't clear, as far as I could understand.

I also thought of what happens if you have a small oil slick on a puddle, and poke it with your finger.

Now I got another "science headache".
    Like yesterday, I was thinking about sun dials for some reason ... and realized there is always the same amount of sun, according to sun dials.  It doesn't matter whether it's the longest day of the year, or the shortest.  There is still the same number of sun hours, according to the sun dial.
      June 4, 2019 2:46 PM MDT