Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which job requries the least amount of intelligence to do adequately and which job requires the most? Why?

Which job requries the least amount of intelligence to do adequately and which job requires the most? Why?

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

They all require the same level of intelligence.  Some jobs may require more knowledge, but not intelligence.  Intelligence is applying what one already knows (be it a little or a lot).  Knowledge separates a brain surgeon from a tailor, not intelligence.  Both people could have the same IQ, but one knows material and the other neurons (or whatever it's called).  Does it take more intelligence to plumb a house or build a rocketship or does it take different knowledge?  I know rocket scientists who can't for the life of them unclog a toilet.  So who has more intelligence, the person from NASA or the person from Roto Rooter?
      June 11, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

So a dishwasher/hamburger flipper is as intelligent as the folks who figured out how to get us to the moon and safely back again? I am having a bigly problem comprehending that Shuhak. A person with a 90 IQ and one with double that are orders of magnitude apart in intellectual capability capacity. Right? Wouldja rather have a surgeon who is going to operate on YOUR brain with an IQ of 100 or an IQ of 180? I'm just saying capacity is important and some folks have limited capacity while others seem to have limitless ones. Perhaps your understaning of intelligence and mine are not the same. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear!   :)
      June 12, 2019 4:13 AM MDT

Well, if you are being a volunteer coma patient that maybe volunteered to be kept alive for science, that would require very little.

I think the job that would require the most intelligence would be someone who is in a counter-espeionage situation that is just brilliant, but must play a role for years being a subservient wife or husband to a despot and putting up with being looked down upon, knowing that any mis-step could be the undoing of a significant operation.  

You need skills for dat. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 11, 2019 11:01 AM MDT
      June 11, 2019 11:00 AM MDT