Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pence confirms that the sb prez DENIED US Embassy requests to fly the PRIDE FLAG. Another group of Americans to insult/attack! Surprised?.

Pence confirms that the sb prez DENIED US Embassy requests to fly the PRIDE FLAG. Another group of Americans to insult/attack! Surprised?.

Wonder if the American Nazis (Jews will not replace us) who marched in Charlottesville that the sb prez said had good people among them asked to the fly the SWASTIKA flag? How about the Confederate Flag? I betcha all racist flags are welcome. Just ask.

So there are Muslims, immigrants, women,  Democrats,  all people of color. Did I forget any group that the sb prez loves to revile smack attack? All who despise him too of course. Lotsa folks he don't like no way no how no time.

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

• Good for the president, the VP and the administration. I don't see any swastikas or Muslim nationalist flags flying from any public buildings, at least not out here in the real world. The left coast is another matter entirely. Here in the states that comprised the old Confederacy, we aren't allowed to fly the historic banners, raise monuments, mark graves or have public commemorations except at our own peril. The only exception being the Mississippi state flag which has the St Andrew's cross on it. Even so, it doesn't belong on an embassy flag staff. Nobody's attacking those people, except in the overwrought imaginations of those who keep up the divisive behavior and speech. When these people become a branch of government, then they can fly their silly banners to their heart's content from public buildings. Meanwhile, there's a place where the sun never shines............
      June 11, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

ooooooooooooooooooh    Goodie for Mr. President.  

First of all comparing a gay pride flag with Nazis is about as silly as it gets.

But, you are right.  I don't see why that flag has any place in any Embassy.  It has no reason to be there.  Who cares what gender someone is.  ???

June 11, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

Admittedly, I haven't been to any US Embassies ... but do they have multiple flag staffs?
    Commercial and private flags should not be flown on the same pole as the US flag, at government buildings.

I recall decades ago, when I was in elementary school, there was a contest to come up with a new American flag design.
    I don't know who did the contest, but it was open to all schools in Washington at least.
    Ironically, the winning design was a rainbow flag, with a single golden star in the center.
      June 11, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

Geez Walt I'm visualizing that in my mind and WOW! First of all I LOVE rainbows. Always have. Long before it was associated with the LGBTQ community. I mean who doesn't LOVE RAINBOWS? Also when you do well you get a gold star right? At least when I was a kid in grammar school that's how it worked. SIGH. THat's some nifty first-person sharing for which I thank you. I now can "see" that image mentally whenever I choose thanks to you! D'ya think it would be heretical to have a new flag? I'm gonna ask! :)
      June 12, 2019 2:56 AM MDT

I don't think it's "heretical" ... a nation's flag should represent their ideals, so when those ideals change the flag should be updated.

Quote: "The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence; Red, hardiness & valour; and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Originally, the stars represented the individual states.
    But since we are no longer a voluntary association of states under a federal government ... I see no reason we should have 50 stars.
    IMO, there should only be 1 star - to represent the power of the federal government over all states.
      June 12, 2019 9:51 AM MDT

June 11, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply as well as the link. I appreciate it. Here's the thing. Since the "take a knee" controversy I don't think of the American Flag as a sacrosanct emblem. I think of it as a political football that the extremely stable genius sb prez plucked out of his a** to stoke hatred and controversy. He has tarnished tainted diminished it immeasurably in my eyes. If you read Walt's reply he speaks of a long-ago contest to redesign the American Flag. Please read it. I think that design is beautiful. I'm gonna ask. Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 12, 2019 3:00 AM MDT

My opinion of the flag didn't change, but my opinion of the athletes who kneeled certainly did.

I didn't ask Walt directly about the flag design.  I did search the internet, but was unable to find a drawing of the rejected flag. 
      June 12, 2019 9:17 AM MDT