Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A vaccination that could prevent Alzheimer's? Researchers are working on it. Would the anti-vax folks refuse that too?

A vaccination that could prevent Alzheimer's? Researchers are working on it. Would the anti-vax folks refuse that too?

Or is it only their kids they REFUSE to protect?

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

Thy have some cognitive issue already or they wouldn't even consider anti-vaxing.   So OF COURSE they would be against this.  It is helpful and cures a disease.  Why would anyone want to prevent something like that? 

June 11, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

Of course they will.  Some people are just too stupid for their own good - or the good of society.

It reminds me of those people who refuse to have their deaf children operated on to give hearing ... because it is "genocide of the deaf culture".
      June 11, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

They've actually done some studies on mice that are very promising. Of course mice are not people and those studies will have to be done on humans to see if the benefits are transferable. But gosh Walt wouldn't that be an AWESOME thing? About "genocide of the deaf" I am not familiar with that. That seems really odd though. I mean if there is a "repair" than can be made to make someone's life easier or better why would anyone deny that person such an operation? I gotta ask. Different strokes for different blokes. Sheesh! Thank you for your reply Walt!  :)
      June 12, 2019 3:34 AM MDT

Personally, I think those parents care less about their children than about getting special treatment.
    Sort of a Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP).
      June 12, 2019 7:34 AM MDT

I would not be the first group of people to take it. I would wait until it had been around for a long time so any side effects were known.
      June 12, 2019 4:49 PM MDT