Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Supremes just ruled that the CROSS is a symbol of sacrifice not Christianity. Do you concur?

The Supremes just ruled that the CROSS is a symbol of sacrifice not Christianity. Do you concur?

Posted - June 20, 2019

Responses

Interesting.  I have always thought of the cross as a religious symbol.  
      June 20, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

Me too. The Supremes ruled no. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday! :)
      June 21, 2019 5:14 AM MDT

I guess I won't qualify for the Supreme Court. :)
      June 21, 2019 7:31 AM MDT

Sure you will sweetie. Just LIE during your confirmation hearing and tell the Senators what they want to hear. Then once you are securely on the bench you do the right thing! I'm surprised more candidates don't do that. Lying to get what you want is the American way. Maybe human way all day everywhere? Gotta ask. Thank you for your reply L.
      June 21, 2019 8:17 AM MDT

I'm a terrible liar so I don't think I could pull it off. :)
      June 21, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

The problem is by the time you get eligible for a position that requires Congressional confirmation - you have a history that they can view.  I honestly don't understand why a confirmation interview is really necessary.
      June 21, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

Well, Congress reviews candidates to be sure that they are qualified for the job and that they have nothing in their history that would disqualify from holding that position.  In what other administration have so many confirmees either been forced out or left of their own will?  This country seems to be run by the B Team who are nothing more than temporary help.  It's absolutely disgusting.  that is how trump appears to be getting around the confirmation process.  We son't even have a permanent Defense Secretary, yet Trump is planning a military action in Iran?  If this doesn't deserve a 25th Amendment look-see, I don't know what does.
      June 21, 2019 11:24 AM MDT

As I said, by the time they get to the point of a confirmation ... they already have a history.
    And they have numerous background checks, which Congress will have access to.

From what I can tell, the main part of the interview is spent trying to get the candidate to take a political position - not reviewing their qualifications.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to sit through an interview.
    "Here's my work record.  If you have any questions about THAT, I'll answer.  Otherwise, I am exercising my Fifth Amendment Right."
      June 21, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

They are technically partially correct.  (It was used as a symbol for other things, besides "sacrifice".)
    The cross symbol is yet another pagan item "adopted" by Constantine, to aid in the conversion of pagans to Christianity.

Here's an interesting article on pre-Christian uses of the cross symbol.
    https://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/ARTB/k/471/Cross-Christian-Banner-Pagan-Relic.htm

According to this Jehovah's Witness article, "true" Christians don't use the cross symbol:
    https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/origin-cross-symbol-pagan/
      June 20, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

Thank you for your helpful reply Walt and the links. I appreciate it! Happy Friday! :)
      June 21, 2019 5:15 AM MDT

It is a symbol of Christ's sacrifice. 

I do not need the a court to tell me what the cross means to me.
      June 20, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

So you do associate it with religion then? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      June 21, 2019 5:15 AM MDT

Now I have to believe  what JUDGES think I should think about a SYMBOL?

GOD HELP US ALL. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 21, 2019 11:23 AM MDT
      June 21, 2019 11:22 AM MDT