Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Is it really hot in the USA ?

Is it really hot in the USA ?

I always wondered. Here its mild, its sweet; It havent got hot too much yet. but since USA is south of canada, i always wondered it must be hotter than here .

Posted - June 24, 2019

Responses

I'm in Arizona. This is really close to the hottest spot.  America is probably mostly spring and summer weather now.  The high altitudes are generally colder if they are in the mountains.  The weather in Chicago is probably at least 40 degrees colder than here. AT LEAST; no mountains but it is further north and further east.  So, everything makes a difference and this difference can make you really cold.

And certain months the whole nation experiences heat.  But since we are a large mass of land with ups and downs and waterways etc., we have different temperatures.  And then we have seasons in some parts meaning we have a spring summer winter and fall.

Where I am the winters are as warm as many people's springs are.  Even summers.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 24, 2019 6:44 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

I live in Washington, and work in Oregon.
    The western parts of those states are pretty much like British Columbia.
    The eastern parts are a lot warmer and drier.  (at least during the summer) This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at June 24, 2019 6:44 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

June 24, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

The US is a big country. Hotter in some places than in other places. Death Valley is dry heat; Mississippi is humid heat. 

“Too hot“ is subjective. 
      June 24, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

I live in Minnesota which borders Ontario and Manitoba, so our weather is probably pretty similar to that part of Canada. I do notice that  where I live in the the southern part of the state it is usually warmer than the northern parts.
      June 24, 2019 5:41 PM MDT

True, however you have been having a cold wet Spring.  Also I hear planting season may not happen this year.  Da southern part of MN warmer than the Norwegian Riviera - Uff da.  Unbelievable, there might be some warmth in the Finn Triangle in a Sauna

Just saying
      June 24, 2019 8:43 PM MDT

well, 
    your wondering is correct...
      June 24, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

• It was balls today on the St.Lawrence.
      June 24, 2019 7:25 PM MDT

It is normally very hot here by now. But we have only had one or two hot days. And a lot rain. I want the heat and no more rain. 
    The heat opens my customer's wallet. And I want to swim. 
      June 24, 2019 8:22 PM MDT