Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Language » Have you ever read a "rede"? What rede have you read? Here's one: First, Do NO Harm. Wiccan Rede. Next?

Have you ever read a "rede"? What rede have you read? Here's one: First, Do NO Harm. Wiccan Rede. Next?

Posted - June 27, 2019

Responses

Are you a wiccan?
      June 27, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

I am.  I support their beliefs and I support yours. I believe in the GODDESS as a form of the Supreme Being. I believe in Jesus Christ as someone who is GOD incarnate and showing us the way to be the same as He is.  I also believe that God is all forms.  I think Satan is man's mind when it sinks to forms of greed, depravity and desire, and I pray to GOD for GOOD and  only GOOD no matter what form of worship I am practicing.

Hindu, Christian, or Wiccan.  God is supreme and God is the ONLY SOURCE of ALL. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 27, 2019 2:39 PM MDT
      June 27, 2019 2:38 PM MDT

I've read many forms of advice:

psychology and self-help - favourites: 
    M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Travelled
    Marshall Rosenberg's Non-Violent Communication

Ethical favourites:
    Frances Moore Lappé's Diet for a Small Planet and Recipes for a Small Planet
    Peter Singer's Practical Ethics

Spiritual - have read widely on most religions and philosophies but this is the one I return to and follow closely:
    Joseph Goldstein's and Jack Kornfield's Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of Insight Wisdom
    (Also love Lao Tsu's Tao Te Ching and the Sufi poets.)

How to books on every new skill I ever wanted to develop:
    Many of these have been about arts and crafts, green living, farming, land management, horsemanship and writing.
    The latest is Stella Cottrell's Critical Thinking Skills -  a course in skills for academics in the humanities.
      June 27, 2019 3:10 PM MDT

I've read many forms of advice:

psychology and self-help - favourites: 
    M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Travelled
    Marshall Rosenberg's Non-Violent Communication

Ethical favourites:
    Frances Moore Lappé's Diet for a Small Planet and Recipes for a Small Planet
    Peter Singer's Practical Ethics

Spiritual - have read widely on most religions and philosophies but this is the one I return to and follow closely:
    Joseph Goldstein's and Jack Kornfield's Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of Insight Wisdom
    (Also love Lao Tsu's Tao Te Ching and the Sufi poets.)

How to books on every new skill I ever wanted to develop:
    Many of these have been about arts and crafts, green living, farming, land management, horsemanship and writing.
    The latest is Stella Cottrell's Critical Thinking Skills -  a course in skills for academics in the humanities.
      June 27, 2019 3:10 PM MDT