Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever attend a FAMILY REUNION? How many showed up? Is it a regular thing or was it a once-only gathering?

Ever attend a FAMILY REUNION? How many showed up? Is it a regular thing or was it a once-only gathering?

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

We had an immediate family reunion the day before Mother's Day.  My sisters, their spouses and children all got together and everyone was there.  They came from PA, AR, CO and TN and we had a ball.  It was a spectacularly beautiful day and we were all outside.  The kids are mostly the same age groups and we didn't hear a peep from anyone until it was time to eat.  No fighting, no crying, no nothing.  It was wonderful.

Edit to Add Colorado This post was edited by SpunkySenior at June 29, 2019 9:53 AM MDT
      June 29, 2019 9:16 AM MDT

You took photos of course. Right? That is super awesome L. "Wonderful" works for me! Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 29, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

My family took photos.  I seem to have stopped doing that a while back as I don't have a phone that takes photos and carrying around my camera became a pain in the neck.
      June 29, 2019 9:58 AM MDT

Good morning Rosie
    Yes, I host a family vacation twice a year, we have one coming up in July. Last summer we had about 20 of us, brothers ,sister, my kids and all my niece's.
    I am the only one who had a boy so we always have a cabin full of girls( and their boyfriends)
    When I was growing up my parents had a cabin up on the Donner Summit where we would back tonight every winter and summer.The cabin was lost when my parents divorced about 40 years ago. About 10 years ago I decided it was time for the family to make our way back to the lake so I rented a cabin and it was so wonderful to have us all together for a week I kept doing it, now the tradition my parents started so long ago now lives on with the next generations, and yes, I do take pictures
    This us on this year's winter vacation(some of us anyway)
      June 29, 2019 10:50 AM MDT