Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Journalist beaten in Portland. Most of the left wing media is ignoring this. Why? You think we could all condemn the beating of a reporter.

Journalist beaten in Portland. Most of the left wing media is ignoring this. Why? You think we could all condemn the beating of a reporter.

Police say their hands are tied by politicians. Ted Cruz wants to have the mayor investigated. 

Posted - July 2, 2019

Responses

I'm with you on this one, Two Cents.

There's no justification for beating up anyone.

July 2, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

I looked for coverage on stations such as MSNBC, CNN etc....I can find nothing. Very disturbing. 

CNN mentioned a protest but nothing about this poor reporter. He had black eyes and a brain bleed. Cops did nothing. Even sent him through the crowd to get to the ambulance.  

I have seen nothing mentioned here either. So I figured I would go with it. 

I hope the leaders in Portland have to pay dearly. 

July 2, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

Ditto.
    And it's a great thing that you've done your bit to spread the word.
      July 2, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

She is SPREADING THE WORD TO DEFLECT.

She is Sara Huckabee.  A reporter was beaten up?  OK.  No one is hiding this. TRUST ME.

CNN does not COVER UP news. That is FOX's job.

This JUNK you applaud her for exposing is just a STORY that is uncorroborated.

PERIOD.

NO ONE KNOWS THE DETAILS.  OKAY?  Maybe someone beat up a reporter because TRUMP TOLD THEM TO.  
    Ever consider that one?

PORTLAND is a hell hole.  It is a bastion of corruption.  Anything could have been the cause and if CNN did not cover it?  There is probably the reason that they are too busy covering the WHITE HOUSE and all the corruption of the REPORTER killed by the JERK TRUMP IS HAVING DINNER WITH.

Let us FOCUS on the REAL ATROCITIES and not pray to make up a COVER UP STORY THAT CNN WOULD NEVER BOTHER COVERING UP FOR ANY REASON EVER.

18 Saudi citizens detained in connection with murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi

PHOTO: In this Dec. 15, 2014 file photo, Jamal Khashoggi, then general manager of a new Arabic news channel speaks during a press conference, in Manama, Bahrain.Hasan Jamali/AP FILE
    WatchJamal Khashoggi killed in fist fight at consulate, Saudi media says

An initial investigation has revealed that discussions between Khashoggi and the individuals who met with him at the consulate led to an argument and a fist fight -- which resulted in the journalist's death -- Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor said in a statement, according to the Saudi Press Agency.

Investigators are working to hold those involved with Khashoggi's death responsible, according to the statement.

Turkish officials have claimed that a group of 15 Saudi men flew to Istanbul at the time of Khashoggi's disappearance.

At least one of the suspects traveled to Istanbul for the purpose of meeting with Khashoggi, according to the statement from the Saudi Press Agency. The suspects then attempted to "conceal and cover" what happened, the statement read.

Khashoggi, an opinion columnist for The Washington Post, has written critically of Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman and the Saudi government.

The White House acknowledged the Saudis' announcement, stating that it would "continue to closely follow the international investigations into this tragic incident and advocate for justice that is timely, transparent, and in accordance with all due process.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 2, 2019 12:17 PM MDT
      July 2, 2019 12:09 PM MDT

Show me a link where CNN covered the reporter being beaten. 

I can show links to CNN correspondents defending the violent group. This post was edited by my2cents at July 2, 2019 3:27 PM MDT
      July 2, 2019 3:14 PM MDT

Portland is getting close to being a lost cause.  It has gone from being a nice place to retire to a place to not even drive through.  The mayor would not let the police intervene in a riot.  The mayor is a card-carrying antifanite, aka domestic terrorist.  I have friends who live on the other side of the river in Vancouver; they never go over to Portland anymore.  I wouldn't either, except that to have the best of both worlds you live in Vancouver (no income tax) but go to Portland to shop (no sales tax).  Not anymore though.
      July 3, 2019 1:47 AM MDT

That is what it sounds like but antifa is a problem in more than just Portland.
    The reporter is suing the city and the mayor etc. This post was edited by my2cents at July 3, 2019 7:48 AM MDT
      July 3, 2019 7:46 AM MDT

Antifa is a problem wherever they are at any given moment.  Portland's problems are much greater than antifa.  They have fallen off the cliff over there on the left.  They are San Francisco but not as  nasty......yet.  The homeless will fix that for them given enough time.
      July 3, 2019 10:18 PM MDT

I first heard about the unfortunate incident yesterday morning, on CNN.  They had a whole long thing about it, including having Andy Ngo on there.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/07/02/antifa-conservative-journalist-andy-ngo-bts-newday-vpx.cnn

July 3, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

OK?  ON CNN?????

OK???

ON CNN????

So, your question is full of baloney and MOOT to BOOT.  

Sorry, Piper, I needed to borrow your answer.  This kind of stuff really annoys me. The FOX LIES are about to be even MORE filled WITH B.S. Just like those who WATCH FOX news.

July 3, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Thank you I had looked and could not find any coverage by CNN about the Mr. Ngo. Looks like this aired yesterday morning. So likely not on their website when I looked. 

I do find the caption they used to be interesting: 

"Conservative journalist assaulted Says Antifa Behind the attack"  and the title for the video 

"Conservative journalist blames Antifa for rally attack"

New Day

As if it is in question who attacked him, it is on video. We know Antifa attacked him. 

July 3, 2019 2:38 PM MDT

I don't know if was or not, of course. I know I saw the coverage  fairly  early  yesterday morning.  I know when I found  the link I shared this morning....the timeline said 1 day ago. 

Yeah, it was mostly likely people affiliated with Antifa  who assaulted him.  The group and Ngo have a history of mutual animosity.  I do not at ALL condone  the attack.  

July 3, 2019 7:21 PM MDT

You don't know? 
    The video clearly shows Antifa members attacking him. 

Glad, we agree the attack was wrong. Do you think the city should have to pay for police not acting?
      July 4, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

I thought it was obvious, that I was referring to the CNN  coverage being online or not,  when you looked. 

I believe most people would agree, that the assault was wrong. I don't have enough facts about police action or inaction, to make a determination on that. 

July 4, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

Careful, Piper.  This is the MISTRESS of Deflection.  CNN covered the story.  They do not HIDE the story and look what she comes up with.  THEY ARE PROMOTING this ANTIFA nonsense that no one even cares about.  Meaning that group.  No one cares about that silly group of moron terrorists.  They tried to glom onto the anti-Nazi side because they are parasites and terrorists just like the MUSLIM terrorists calling themselves muslims or the NAZI's calling themselves CHRISTIANS. 

Terrorists are terrorists.  STOP trying to blame good people who have NOTHING to do with YOUR PEOPLE.  THE NAZIS.  Admit it, My 2, ANTIFA really belongs on the NAZI side except they have the wrong color skin.  That is where they really belong. Not with US.  

SO judge by who got KILLED by a NAZI driving a car into them, not by some lying moron group that was not even supposed to crash the place.
      July 4, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

???? Are you claiming Antifa is right wing??? Lol that is funny. They are terrorists but they are on the left.
      July 4, 2019 6:55 PM MDT