Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Americans...how will you be celebrating Independance day?

Americans...how will you be celebrating Independance day?

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

• Going to a block party at my sister's for a bit and then to my parent's house for a BBQ. 
      July 3, 2019 7:51 AM MDT

I have always HATED the 4th of July.  It has always been a day of misery for me.  I had a lot of crappy 4ths, so I don't even bother to acknowledge it.

NOW?  With Trump at the helm?  I will happily HATE this one more than any other 4th.
      July 3, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

• You hate everything fun except pot.
      July 3, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

I don't hate much.  

I hate Trump. 

I think your day is great-sounding.  I would do the same thing if I were NOT 70.  I am not too old to do this stuff. I have DONE this stuff.  I am not interested in continuing to DO that stuff.  

It doesn't mean I hate it.  

The 4th of July has been a disaster for me for YEARS. It is a standing joke.  People think I am kidding but I get the worst crap happen on that day for some reason. NOT EVERY ONE.  But enough for me to just say IGNORE THE 4th.  One perfect example is the time we all went to Lake Michigan to swim and get some rays and party on the 4th.  It was 90 degrees out and sunny.  I warned everyone not to take me because something will screw it up.  We got to the lake and all of a sudden when we pulled and parked, the sky turned black with clouds and cold.  AND WIND and rain.    We were freezing.  I think we just went to a bar finally.

I like all the other holidays just fine.

AND POT IS NOT FUN. IT IS A MEDICINE.    I AM SICK.  LOLOLLOLOLLOLLOL

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 4, 2019 10:12 AM MDT
      July 3, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

Yeah...he thinks it is all about him. What an ass...
      July 3, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

In the day, go to the orchard down the street from us and pick oranges and grapefruits off the tree.
    They only open it to the public for picking on 4th of July weekend.  They don't advertise it.  I only know this because I drive by it almost everyday.
    It's really sad too because the trees are begging to be picked.  So many oranges and grapefruits fall from the trees and rot.  It's such a waste.
    In the evening and night, we will watch the fireworks from our balcony.  We Never drive on the 4th at night.  We are only driving to the orchard and back during the day.
    It's just not worth it where I live to drive, or anywhere, for that matter. This post was edited by Merlin at July 3, 2019 12:41 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

The orchard story reminds me of the Earth itself.  All the bounty at our fingertips if we would just work at caring for each other.  All that bounty and because of our total ignorance, we cannot even figure out how not to waste all that bounty.
      July 3, 2019 9:31 AM MDT

So true.  In fact, your thought just gave me one!
    We will extend our 5 miles radius of driving and pick as many buckets as we can.   I think they only allow you 5, 5 gallon buckets.  A lot of 5's in this idea but still true to the word.
    We will keep one but take the others to the battered women shelter which is about another 2 miles from us. We could drop off a couple buckets there and take the other 2 buckets to the homeless down about another 3 miles.
    Thank TRUMP-Master of all DEBATERS for inspiring such an idea!  Your energy translates and transfers in a VERY GOOD Way!  No wonder you are so good at your career! :):)  Hugs and Loves, :):) This post was edited by Merlin at July 3, 2019 12:42 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 9:46 AM MDT

You are the one. You make anything good.  Even me.  

I spend a lot of time trying to share food with people.  I think it feels really good.  I love that you thought of this.  People need to know they are loved when they are alone and scared and offering them this kindness is very uplifting to me.  

I'll try and be inspiring myself.  If I can.  LOL 
      July 3, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

Awwww, thank you.
    Together I hope we make the world a better place every way we can. 

It opens at 11 until 3.  They really are stingy with their fruit.  But, between you and me, there will be plenty tonight who get vitamin C!
    I'm so very glad you are here.
    You bring celebration to many people. :):)

P.S. If there were ever a question in your mind, 
    We will NOT be watching Trump's fireworks tonight nor will my m&d.

At 8 ET,  mom says Macy's is going to have the biggest show. If you would like to watch some fireworks on TV, those are the ones to see!
    Happy 4th of July Sweetie! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 4, 2019 10:14 AM MDT
      July 4, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

• My parents, sis, nephew, and B.I.L. Coming later today.  Gas up the boat and jet ski,  start the smoker,  a cooler each of sammies and salads and another with vodka mixers and beer.  Spend the day on the water downing mushrooms and drinks, smoking bones, swimming and  water hosing passing bikini girls and lighting off homemade m-80s before the fireworks at the castle and then go home to blow up chit up with our own fireworks  and have a raging  bonfire This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 3, 2019 1:26 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 9:44 AM MDT

Boy you got a lot of energy.  
      July 3, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

• I been working my nuts off doing 10 hours 6 days a week for over a month.  I so need to open the the vents.
      July 3, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

And THAT makes my statement false?   That clinches it.  
      July 3, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

• No rest for the wicked baby.  It's either get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
      July 3, 2019 9:53 AM MDT

BOB AGREES..

Bob Dylan - It's Alright, Ma 

YouTube
    Lyrics

Darkness at the break of noon
    Shadows even the silver spoon
    The handmade blade, the child's balloon
    Eclipses both the sun and moon
    To understand you know too soon
    There is no sense in trying

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
    Suicide remarks are torn
    From the fool's gold mouthpiece
    The hollow horn plays wasted words
    Proves to warn that he not busy being born
    Is busy dying

July 3, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

• So far today I mowed my grass, weed eated it, stacked a half cord of wood by the fire pit after cleaning both of them out, shores up my floating docks, cleaned the campers,  and washed the boat.   I decided I am done and just relaxing in the lawn chair with a lemonade and cigarette waiting for the arrivals. I should pitch the tent for my nephew but I calling it quits.  It's time to be lazy for a free days.
      July 3, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

That's amazing. I mean it.

Know what I did today?  Dragging my butt to work in a few hours.  THAT is IT.  PERIOD.  
      July 3, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

• I have those days too.
      July 3, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

Instead of my old way of "energizing" with alcohol, I now have to energize with this.  Wheat grass shots.  They taste VILE, but then again, so did VODKA.  This stuff is said to be the closest thing to human blood in composition and it helps to fight cancer better than anything on the planet.  So, it gives me energy and keeps me alive and busting hump too. 

You got me beat by a mile though.  I used to be like you, but now?  I am boring.  LOL  And happy to be boring. 
    Everyone knows who I am, I don't need to announce it.  If they want me, they can come over.  (call first) 

July 3, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

Sounds like a BLAST!  Yeeeeeee-Haaaaaa!!

ROCK and ROLL!!

If you're going to do it... Do It BIG!
    It almost sounds like a party you have at Lake Powell.  Not that I've ever been, but sounds like it.
    Wherever you are!  Spike it UP and have one for me!   
      July 3, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

• Will do darlin'
      July 3, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

Sounds like a fun day. I got to make time to get to the water.  (No alcohol/mushrooms/bikinis needed for me though)
      July 3, 2019 10:33 AM MDT

Wait...you're swimming naked?
      July 3, 2019 12:45 PM MDT