Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you read "The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality"?

Have you read "The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality"?

It is written by Chris Mooney and the thesis is basically this...

"Authoritarian people have a stronger emotional need for an outlet like Fox where they can find affirmation  and escape factual challenges to their beliefs"

In other words Fox tells them what they want to hear. A winning strategy absolutely.

Posted - July 7, 2019

Responses

I think Mooney is right, but further, one thing authoritarians of any political or religious dogma fear and try to suppress or warp generally, is objective, balanced knowledge.

An educated populace capable of thinking and analysing individually, is potentially dangerous to them.
      July 7, 2019 7:12 AM MDT

Exactly right. Education gives one a better chance of having the ability to analyze comprehend understand what is real and what is not. He loves his base because they never question him about anything. Now to be fair some may know he is the creep that he is but they pretend it doesn't matter or that they don't care. They care but not as much as they want to keep him right there doing what he is doing. You see what they lack is integrity, conscience or honor. They are willing to lie and pretend just to keep their louse in the White House. Thank you for your reply Durdle. I like the sound of that. I gotta ask! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2019 7:25 AM MDT
      July 7, 2019 7:24 AM MDT