Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » Is there one thing you used to look forward to when the family got together? Something that you longer can experience today? What was it and why was it a favorite?

Is there one thing you used to look forward to when the family got together? Something that you longer can experience today? What was it and why was it a favorite?

My Aunt Olga made the best  pumpkin pies and so that was her job for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Weird thing was she didn't like pumpkin pie at all and never ate any! We used to tease her about it every year.  She's in her 90's now and I haven't seen her for years . I don't why but I really miss the annual teasing most. It was something the kids and the grownups could join in. Gentle teasing. Funny the things you remember. What do you miss most?

Posted - September 5, 2016

Responses

No sweetie. Your presence is never a downer. You are always welcome to show up and tell me what you think. I appreciate it. So you're like my aunt? You can bake delicious cakes and then want no part of them?  It's funny Lucia when I was a kid I had such a sweet tooth.  In fact my mom had to LOCK UP the candy in the house or I would get into it. Seriously. So as an adult you would think I would have my way with all the candy I want. Except my tastebuds changed and I'd much prefer to munch on jalapeno potato chips or crunchy corn curls. Go figger! Is that irony or what?  My sister is 7 years younger. Now that I'm almost 79 and she is almost 72 we are best friends. I don't know how close in age you and your sis are but if you are in your 40's I think it's time to bury the sibling rivalry hatchet and make up. There will come a time in your life when all that is left of that family is you and your sister and you will be a comfort to each other. Mark my words. Remember them. Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate. Happy Tuesday Lucia! :)

September 6, 2016 4:50 AM MDT

yes, i miss getting together, my family dont seem to want to anymore

September 11, 2016 7:35 PM MDT