Active Now

my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » NASCAR race includes Canadian anthem in opening ceremonies. Later gets a flood of complaints from fans never wanting to hear US anthem sung in Spanish ever again.

NASCAR race includes Canadian anthem in opening ceremonies. Later gets a flood of complaints from fans never wanting to hear US anthem sung in Spanish ever again.

Funny? Sad? Both?

Plenty more "good ol' boy" humor to be found in leaked NASCAR complaint compilation.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/get-a-load-of-all-the-insane-things-in-nascars-leaked-c-1785956822

Posted - September 5, 2016

Responses

• We do need to keep out Hispanic Canadians. Those people don't even want to work for $2/hr. They demand like $4-5/hr. I can't afford to pay expensive Hispanics.

September 5, 2016 7:05 AM MDT

• No shit, Sherlock.  This stems from an even held in 2008.  Last night's race was in Darlington, SC.   The Canadian anthem wasn't even sung making your accusation the "horseshit" about this.  I'm sorry if this touched your redneck nerve. 

September 5, 2016 7:23 AM MDT

Hello c:

They don't listen to their fans..  They listen to their base, and their base is decidedly RED NECK..  I'm a fan..  I'm also a Jew..  I HATE that SOME of the opening prayers end with a bow toward Jesus Christ..  Some of 'em don't, of course.  I enjoy those races lots more.  I wrote to NASCAR.  They didn't write back.

excon

September 5, 2016 7:34 AM MDT

• You were the only one trying to put a date on this.  The article in question was published this past Tuesday. 

September 5, 2016 7:54 AM MDT

• I love the science behind it and watch most races unless they compete with a Bears' game.  I really haven't rooted for a driver or team specifically since Rusty Wallace retired. 

September 5, 2016 7:56 AM MDT

Hello again, Capn:

Let me educate you...  MANY of their prayers end in a simple "amen"..  I have NO problem with those prayers.. The OBJECTIONABLE ones, the ones that specifically LEAVE ME OUT, end with, "in Jesus Name"...  I dunno HOW you don't understand that, but you clearly don't.. 

However, if you find yourself in the dark again, don't hesitate to ask..

excon

September 5, 2016 7:59 AM MDT

• There are numerous complaints recorded about the prayers that end in "Shalom" as well. 

September 5, 2016 8:01 AM MDT

Hello again, Capn:

I see that you're back to name calling again..  I guess you think that gets you something..  Maybe in your world, it does.  Glad I don't live in that world..

excon

September 5, 2016 8:15 AM MDT

• (Unspecifed) NASCAR race.... was the opening to my question.  You decided to make it about yesterday's Camping Truck race.  The 2008 race where this occurred wasn't even in Canada.  It was a New Hampshire race.  But go ahead and continue to plug in your own facts so that you can be right, and this argument can finally be over. 

September 5, 2016 8:27 AM MDT

Hello again, Capn:

Fortunately, most people can read..

excon

September 5, 2016 11:21 AM MDT

• I said that, not excon. 

I will admit it was uncalled for. 

September 6, 2016 7:32 AM MDT

Hello again, Capn:

Couple things..  Look..  I'm NOT the only one you've pissed off around here, and you can't keep us straight..  If I called you a nasty name, it would be a lot worse than Sherlock..

excon

September 6, 2016 7:34 AM MDT

Hello again, Capn:

I don't want an apology..  I wanna talk about you.  I LOVE that you can't read, and can't reason..  If you weren't here, I'd INVENT you...

excon

September 6, 2016 7:49 AM MDT