Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever been in a one-sided "friendship"? Someone thought you were a friend and you weren't or you thought someone was a friend who wasn't?

Ever been in a one-sided "friendship"? Someone thought you were a friend and you weren't or you thought someone was a friend who wasn't?

It's kinda embarrassing to be the one who thinks you have a friend who isn't a friend at all. I wonder why that happens and how often?

Posted - July 10, 2019

Responses

I can't recall being in a one-sided friendship. I have always been cautious in that area because having an in the trenches type of friendship is rare and takes time to develop. When that sort of friendship develops you know it. True friends usually have good communication. They take on problems with you. A good friendship is a give and takes and consideration for each other. You take time for each other and believe whole-heartedly in each other, etc. I would imagine that thinking you have a friend but find out that you don't happen more often than one would think. This may sound like a cliche but it was easier to find true friends when I was growing up than it is now. Today's society seems to be more of me, me, me, me than us, us, us, us. :)
      July 10, 2019 4:16 AM MDT

((hugs)) That is because I think this is an extraordinarily brilliant reply ru. I do. I totally agree with you on all counts and I do not know why true friendship seemed easier to find long go. I think we have been sadly taught that "me first" is the hallmark of a winner and only losers aren't full of themselves. SIGH. Ya know what's coming by now, right? I"m gonna ask and I'll give you blind attribution. Thank you for this excellent reply m'dear.
      July 10, 2019 4:39 AM MDT