Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does your town have a drunk? Or is everyone drunk?

Does your town have a drunk? Or is everyone drunk?

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

• We did when I was really young. We affectionately called him 'Wino Ed' and he was the groundskeeper at a local church. All of us kids were convinced that he had murdered a few children and that they were buried in the yard behind the church.
      July 11, 2019 6:31 PM MDT

• You gave the suspected child murderer an affectionate pet name?  WTF was wrong with you?  To think I am the one judged as the weirdo here......  FFS!!!!
      July 11, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

• Don't be so sensitive. I'm not trying to take over your place as the weirdo degenerate around here  Rest assured that position securely belongs to you. 
      July 11, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

• You don't even care that I ah be bleeding in my brain right now.  I may not wake up tomorrow because if excessive pressure on left lobe from transcranial bloodclot.  It's.like where's the compassion ?
      July 11, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

• If I see you tomorrow, I'll know you survived. 
      July 11, 2019 11:37 PM MDT

• I can honestly say I am one of the more sober individuals in this small waterfront community.
      July 11, 2019 7:06 PM MDT

• Is everyone in your town on the liver transplant waiting list?
      July 11, 2019 7:14 PM MDT

Most of the retired Jeep workers and Catholic Priests. A few doctors, too.
      July 11, 2019 7:22 PM MDT

• You wouldn't any liver available in this area.   

July 11, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

There's a pub in Tyalgum village that's been doing good trade for a century - open from lunch till midnight seven days a week.
    There tend to be few customers during week-days but it's always full at night. Saturday and Sunday lunches attract tourists.
    I'd guess that most of the regulars are probably soaks, or on their way to that identity.

I don't know any of those people - I just pass by - have always hated the atmospheres of pubs.

July 11, 2019 9:29 PM MDT