Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » For those of you old enough, where were you during the Apollo 11 launch 50 years ago.

For those of you old enough, where were you during the Apollo 11 launch 50 years ago.

I watched it from an apartment balcony in Daytona Beach. We felt the rumbles a few minutes after.

Posted - July 16, 2019

Responses

I can't recall where I was.  If it was a weekday, I was probably at work.  If not, I was watching at home.
      July 16, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

• Whilst many of you during that time were gazing toward the heaven's watching the stars enthralled, reaching skyward with technology and the boldest of dreams in an effort to touch them, I was still but a twinkle, somewhere far away yet still nearby, in a cosmic nursery, waiting for my cue at the sound of God's direction, to one day enter the stage and be born.  We are all made of stardust.  We come from the soil of Terra firma, and too we come from the celestial.  Here, but for a short time, we live, we love, we wait, until one day, in beauty and glory, we shall all return our bodies to the Earth once more, as our souls take flight and soar far into, and beyond galactic skies still reaching.
      July 16, 2019 8:46 AM MDT

At boarding school, in the boarding house common room, sitting cross-legged on wooden floorboards amid forty other girls to watch the television.
    When it was over, I slid backwards to get space to stand up
    and got a huge splinter in my bum.
      July 16, 2019 2:24 PM MDT

• Some things you just never forget. 
    Nevermind the launch. 
    Its all about the splinter. 
    LOL!
      July 16, 2019 5:14 PM MDT